I won the silicon lottery!

Quick thread to tell everyone how lucky and happy I am about my newly changed CPU.

Ok so I have a i5-4670k, the second one that I received from Intel after sending my first CPU for RMA, because of overheating and other stuff that I just hatted to see in CPU-Z.

Now my new one is like, incredible, I received it 2 weeks ago and I had time to test out some light overclocking, here are my temps, sorry, no graph, since I'm going to school in an hour I don't have time to do them.

Here are my specs:

Corsair 500R w/ 3x Noctua NF-S12A PWM

Intel Core i5-4670K (made in Costa Rica for those who care)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo w/ 2x Thermalright TY147

MSI Z87 Mpower MAX

Kigston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600MHZ

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Lepa G750W

Currently no dedicated GPU.

Here are the results:

4670k @ Stock:

Average:

Idle: 23° C

Load (Unigine Valley for 15minutes): 39° C

Max temps:

Idle: 26° C

Load (Unigine Valley for 15minutes): 42° C

4670k @ 4.3GHZ:

Average:

Idle: 27° C

Load (Unigine Valley for 15Minutes): 42° C

Max temps:

Idle: 29° C

Load (Unigine Valley for 15minutes): 47° C

So there you go, I know not a lot of you will care, but next I plan on watercooling my rig with a custom loop, and I will overclock the hell out this chip, and I guess with these temps, I think the OC'd temps of the CPU when watercooled will be very low, like 35° C @ 4.5GHz or something, IDK, but yeah. I think the Hyper 212 Evo is a proof that you can't get something better for 30€.

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading :)

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Well first thing you should do is see how far you can  push it. To have a golden chip bears responsibility :P (Even though I am throwing stones in glass houses as I have a golden 3570K and only running at 4.6ghz :( )

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Run Aida64 and post temps.

Unigine won't stress the CPU all that much really.

Well, as I don't have a GPU I have to use the integrated chipset and temps still go high!

What happens when you push it above 4.6 and beyond how far can you go before your chip reaches 80 C?

I am kind of scared trying it out since it's brand new so...

What are your voltages at for your 4.3 OC?

Um, I can't remember, gonna tell you when I get back home tonight.

Quick thread to tell everyone how lucky and happy I am about my newly changed CPU.

Ok so I have a i5-4670k, the second one that I received from Intel after sending my first CPU for RMA, because of overheating and other stuff that I just hatted to see in CPU-Z.

Now my new one is like, incredible, I received it 2 weeks ago and I had time to test out some light overclocking, here are my temps, sorry, no graph, since I'm going to school in an hour I don't have time to do them.

Here are my specs:

Corsair 500R w/ 3x Noctua NF-S12A PWM

Intel Core i5-4670K (made in Costa Rica for those who care)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo w/ 2x Thermalright TY147

MSI Z87 Mpower MAX

Kigston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600MHZ

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Lepa G750W

Currently no dedicated GPU.

Here are the results:

4670k @ Stock:

Average:

Idle: 23° C

Load (Unigine Valley for 15minutes): 39° C

Max temps:

Idle: 26° C

Load (Unigine Valley for 15minutes): 42° C

4670k @ 4.3GHZ:

Average:

Idle: 27° C

Load (Unigine Valley for 15Minutes): 42° C

Max temps:

Idle: 29° C

Load (Unigine Valley for 15minutes): 47° C

So there you go, I know not a lot of you will care, but next I plan on watercooling my rig with a custom loop, and I will overclock the hell out this chip, and I guess with these temps, I think the OC'd temps of the CPU when watercooled will be very low, like 35° C @ 4.5GHz or something, IDK, but yeah. I think the Hyper 212 Evo is a proof that you can't get something better for 30€.

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading :)

5.5ghz kgo :D

Thanks! And run something like intel burn test. Unigine Valley will not be the best way to test your CPU.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/intelburntest.html

Will do tonight after school or tomorrow, gonna post results tomorrow.

5.5ghz kgo :D

He wont hit 5.5 on his EVO Overclocks are best done in increments anyway to test stability. His computer wouldn't post at the voltages required to run at 5.5 with a evo. 

Testing the iGPU still isn't stressing the CPU much and isn't going to give you your max temps.

Also Haswell has a habit of being a great OCer up until you hit 4.5-4.6, after that voltage requirements and heat output goes up a lot faster. So 4.3 is a bit early to be calling it a win in the silicone lottery 

Haswell isn't particular a strong overclocker if I remember right because they put something onto the CPU this time around that was before controlled by the motherboard. I can't recall it Linus talked about it and it caused CPU temps to jump more so then Ivy. It hasn't been since Sandy where you've had a CPU that was known to be overclocked well. I mean sure you could replace the TIM through de-liding the CPU. But that being said you are probably right that once you get to that voltage/ cpu speed you'll start to see temps become unmanageable. 

He wont hit 5.5 on his EVO Overclocks are best done in increments anyway to test stability. His computer wouldn't post at the voltages required to run at 5.5 with a evo. 

well if he won the silicone lottery he better get a customloop. i wanna see that badboy at 7ghz :3

well if he won the silicone lottery he better get a customloop. i wanna see that badboy at 7ghz :3

Lets wait till he uses a CPU stress test the synthetic he used won't push his CPU. I could run 3dmark and my cpu would stay pretty low throughout the benchmark my GPU on the other hand may show a different story. 

The VRM is the component your talking about.

Also delidding is an option. But that isn't a fix for the voltage requirements once you hit that 'wall' at 4.5-4.6Ghz, even if you can keep temps under control most chips won't go past 4.8 and even then you won't be running a CPU Cache of over 4.6Ghz so the improvements in core clocks are kind of redundant. From my experience with Haswell, running 4.7 and above with the CPU cache running the same frequency is a golden overclocker.

And right now 3570k's are actually really good chips to get if you want to OC hard as the manufacturing process for Ivy Bridge has matured and is easier to make good chips from now. I picked one up brand new for $180 a few weeks back and I'm currently running 5.0Ghz @ 1.44v after a delid and temps are averaging mid 60's running AIDA64 :) I've done builds with a couple of Ivy i5's and i7's since the Haswell launch that have all been terrific OCers.

Ah, yes yes yes! This came up the VRM deal when TTL came on the lan show. Wasn't a very good decision by intel but what can you do. 

Also congrats on your overclocks :)

Just wanted to add the fact that I wanted to try a real life situation, so the synthetic benchmark is what I found suits best, but yeah I will do a CPU stress test tonight.

I've got my 3770 non K to 4.5 Ghz

Thought that was pretty good for a non K.

got my Xeon E5520 to 4.2Ghz BCLK only :P thought that was pretty good for a stock cooler xD

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

got my Xeon E5520 to 4.2Ghz BCLK only :P thought that was pretty good for a stock cooler xD

Ha nice yep. I used BCLK.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Ha nice yep. I used BCLK.

what cooler ? :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Time to push it 'till the GIGAHERTZ!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Hyper 212. Best $40 I ever spent :P

xD I refuse to buy any cooler until I get an H80 :3 it's going to be the best £40 I've ever spent xD although my cpu is arguably the best £30 I ever spent :P

You don't win until you hit 5ghz with that cpu. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.