I won the silicon lottery!

Said I was going to post results after school tonight, well sorry but no, way to tired for this shit, so many homework, goddamit...

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Well, as I don't have a GPU I have to use the integrated chipset and temps still go high!

Still, I'd run aida64 and check stability that way.

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Still, I'd run aida64 and check stability that way.

That's what I plan on doing in the upcoming days don't worry.

Road to 5 ghz!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

any temperature you get under 4.5 doesnt really matter. The problem starts at 4.7+

any temperature you get under 4.5 doesnt really matter. The problem starts at 4.7+

Road to 5 ghz!

I know, I know, what you guys don't understand I that I am not a real overclocker, it's my first try and I don't plan on running an OC'd CPU at the moment, it was just to try it out since I found that my new chip is just working like a charm, since like I said, my previous chip was crap and I really DO PLAN on OC'ing more for testing and stress testing, but bare in mind that I only have a Hyper 212 EVO...

I've got my 3770 non K to 4.5 Ghz

Thought that was pretty good for a non K.

Wait.... you can overclock non Ks ?

Spoiler

You will have to go up to 5 ghz and still be in the low 60's to beat my 4770k. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

I know, I know, what you guys don't understand I that I am not a real overclocker, it's my first try and I don't plan on running an OC'd CPU at the moment, it was just to try it out since I found that my new chip is just working like a charm, since like I said, my previous chip was crap and I really DO PLAN on OC'ing more for testing and stress testing, but bare in mind that I only have a Hyper 212 EVO...

WHAT WHAT WHAT?`?

ONLY A evo AND YOU GOT THAT NICE TEMPS!

I ORDER YOU TO GET A h100i COOLER AND ROAD TO 5.2 GHZ!!!

IT WILL WORK:)

(i hope)

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I got my QX9650 to 4.9GHz on 1.42v

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

WHAT WHAT WHAT?`?

ONLY A evo AND YOU GOT THAT NICE TEMPS!

I ORDER YOU TO GET A h100i COOLER AND ROAD TO 5.2 GHZ!!!

IT WILL WORK:)

(i hope)

Quiet unlikely actually...

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Quiet unlikely actually...

what?

what?

That he would make it to 5.2Ghz, generally with Haswell once you get to around 4.6-4.7Ghz the voltage required to make the next jump in frequency can become a little bit high.

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Wait.... you can overclock non Ks ?

Yep, you just increase the BCLK instead of the multiplier on a Z77 platform.

I've 4.5Ghz and Hyper threading :P 

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Yep, you just increase the BCLK instead of the multiplier on a Z77 platform.

I've 4.5Ghz and Hyper threading :P

Oh, I thought that was locked too on non Ks.

And you can't touch vcore, right?

So you achieved 4.5 with stock voltage (which is what again?) by increasing bclk. nice!

Spoiler