First time building a PC (Kaby Lake) please help

DustHaze
4 minutes ago, Zackbare said:

Yeah, sorry i forgot to say in crossfire, when you get two rx480 4gb..

this is just a total mess

I should just keep my build but the problem the 520w will it be enough if I have done all the overclocking (gpu,cpu,ram)

it's and M.2 drive to either put your OS on or use as a Cashe for the HDD. Whatever you choose. Using it as a cashe is like the hybrid drive.

Just now, Minty269 said:

it's and M.2 drive to either put your OS on or use as a Cashe for the HDD. Whatever you choose. Using it as a cashe is like the hybrid drive.

32gb is not at all enough for OS, and caching is not worth it, because SSHD..

-- BSOD : ( --

Just now, Minty269 said:

Seriously you thing that 32GB SSd can fit OS. Yes it can fit but only the os and other basic applications will actually make the drive full which leads to slow performance.

1 minute ago, Zackbare said:

That SSD is not worth it, neither the RAM...

Ram speed doesn't make much of a difference in games. The GTX 1080 will  have a bigger performance impact.

Just now, Minty269 said:

The GTX 1080 will  have a bigger performance impact.

Just don't throw all the workload on the GPU. I mean 6600k is not a bottleneck but it is not good going with i7s actually is best for GTX 1080.

1 minute ago, M.A.P said:

make the drive full which leads to slow performance.

a full SSD has no barring on its performance.

Then nix the SSD and only use the HDD.

Just now, Minty269 said:

Ram speed doesn't make much of a difference in games. The GTX 1080 will  have a bigger performance impact.

Yes it does, when you get a shit RAM, RAM is where the data is stored for quick access, any open-world game would be terrible on poor RAM. 

One should go for MAX. frequency in the budget for RAM..

27 minutes ago, DustHaze said:

Gaming mostly and working for long hours

@DustHaze ok, took me a while but look at this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZdgRyf

I included no PSU seeing that you already have one, but you should probably get a better one later. As for the motherboard, you don't need a Maximum X whatever gaming one, they're almost exclusively for enthusiasts and you'll jsut be using it for casual games, oh, and did I mention this one had USB Type-C? yeah. futureproofness man. The RAM was just really cheap. CPU is overclockable and you don't really need an i7 for games. The SSD is NVME and you can get your OS in there (and a few other things) and the HDD is a WD so a lot of reliability. As for the GPU, EVGA is an excellent brand and I've seen many good reviews of that 1070. The case is arguably one of the best cases around for that price and it even includes RBG lighting. I don't think you need an AIO for this since it's a Kaby Lake i5 and they run pretty cool, even when overclocked. This build can easily last you 5+ years IMO and there's always the chance for upgrading. That's why I put $90 on the case, it's a good inversion.

1 minute ago, Minty269 said:

a full SSD has no barring on its performance.

Then nix the SSD and only use the HDD.

I mean not a noticeable one but will slow it down a bit for sure not a huge decrease but minor.

1 minute ago, M.A.P said:

Just don't throw all the workload on the GPU. I mean 6600k is not a bottleneck but it is not good going with i7s actually is best for GTX 1080.

And as I think, @DustHaze will be playing 1080p, so better processor is recommended which 6600k would do..

So no need for 1080, as 1080p gaming is more reliable on CPU than higher resolutions. So doesn't need to go full high end on GPU.

Just now, Zackbare said:

And as I think, @DustHaze will be playing 1080p, so better processor is recommended which 6600k would do..

So no need for 1080, as 1080p gaming is more reliable on CPU than higher resolutions. So doesn't need to go full high end on GPU.

In my provided build I actually got i7 6700k and GTX 1070 which should either perform similar or bit better in most games as 1080p depends on both CPU and GPU.

Just now, M.A.P said:

What a Hyper 212 Evo for a 6700k!

just to get him started. Can upgrade later.

1 minute ago, Zackbare said:

That RAM is of poor quality, not recommended.

I mean, he can choose his RAM, I just chose this one because it was cheap and I've seen mixed reviews, but it's overclockable and it's 3000 MHz.

Just now, Minty269 said:

just to get him started. Can upgrade later.

I dont think 212 evo should even be able to cool it at stock clocks while gaming.

Just now, M.A.P said:

I dont think 212 evo should even be able to cool it at stock clocks while gaming.

Not only will it cool it but may even get a little overclock out of it.