help choosing a monitor

Snow-

Will be using a gtx 1080 and was looking to upgrading to 1440p and if possible 144hz. the monitors i was looking at are below. Also for what games i will be playing mostly shooters, and the latter with games like gta, skyrim, for honor...So 144hz would be a nice extra perk. Also i may play other games however with all these upgrade wallet will be hurting for awhile...should be good in time for steam summer sale though lol.

Dell S2417DG (New) $399: 1440p, 165hz, G-Sync, TN

ASUS MG279Q (Refurbished) $400 would be $450 with 1 yr warranty with squaretrade.:  1440p,144hz, IPS

Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz (Refurbished 3 month warranty) about $550:  1440p, G-sync, 165hz, IPS

Not sure what to go with. G-sync would be nice for the lower frames i may get on 1440p. I haven't owned a TN panel so i can't really give my thoughts on how the colors look to me and compare. I mostly game and browse the net anyways. Plan to use the monitor for hopefully 3 years. Also would like to add my head sits about 30" inches at most from monitor, usually like 27 inches when gaming so i think a 24" inch monitor should be fine. Thoughts?

I7 6800k   |  Asus X99-A USB 3.1  |  CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400mhz   |  Corsair H100i V2 |   EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition  |  NZXT S340 White  |  EVGA 750w NEXB1 

Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb SSD, Kingston 120gb v300 SSD, Western Digital 1TB green drive.

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU

The Acer sounds like the best option but its refurbished so be careful. Some retailers have very loose terms about what refurbished means so it might be worth just buying new. The Dell is just behind the Acer so if you don't feel comfortable buying refurbished then go for that.

12 hours ago, SCGazelle said:

The Acer sounds like the best option but its refurbished so be careful. Some retailers have very loose terms about what refurbished means so it might be worth just buying new. The Dell is just behind the Acer so if you don't feel comfortable buying refurbished then go for that.

yea a new acer=way out of budget, well if i waited a month or two it wouldn't be. ^^^impatient here^^^ lol. I sent a email to acer asking about it they said it was tested to meet "standards" and should be like new. Also i can return if the monitor has blacklight bleed or has 5 "dead" pixels then i would have to pay for shipping to return it. So with that reply i guess a little bit more uncomfortable with it i guess. Also what do you mean the dell is just behind the acer?

I7 6800k   |  Asus X99-A USB 3.1  |  CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400mhz   |  Corsair H100i V2 |   EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition  |  NZXT S340 White  |  EVGA 750w NEXB1 

Storage: Samsung 850 evo 250gb SSD, Kingston 120gb v300 SSD, Western Digital 1TB green drive.

37 minutes ago, Snow- said:

yea a new acer=way out of budget, well if i waited a month or two it wouldn't be. ^^^impatient here^^^ lol. I sent a email to acer asking about it they said it was tested to meet "standards" and should be like new. Also i can return if the monitor has blacklight bleed or has 5 "dead" pixels then i would have to pay for shipping to return it. So with that reply i guess a little bit more uncomfortable with it i guess. Also what do you mean the dell is just behind the acer?

The Dell is almost as good, it would be a close second to the Acer if I ranked them. Color accuracy is almost just as accurate, but the Acer will seem more vibrant thanks to it being IPS. The Dell is basically a cheaper alternative that sacrifices having an IPS panel for a very good TN.

9 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

The Dell is almost as good, it would be a close second to the Acer if I ranked them. Color accuracy is almost just as accurate, but the Acer will seem more vibrant thanks to it being IPS. The Dell is basically a cheaper alternative that sacrifices having an IPS panel for a very good TN.

Do you think i should try the dell monitor first since it being cheaper. and if i don't like it (it being a TN) return it and try for the acer?

7 minutes ago, Snow- said:

Do you think i should try the dell monitor first since it being cheaper. and if i don't like it (it being a TN) return it and try for the acer?

Can't think of a reason not to. Could save yourself some money if you end up liking the Dell.

On 3/23/2017 at 11:28 AM, SCGazelle said:

Can't think of a reason not to. Could save yourself some money if you end up liking the Dell.

Ok so my local costco has the acer predator for $499 which is $100 more than the dell monitor....what do you think? should i get it.

2 minutes ago, Snow- said:

Ok so my local costco has the acer predator for $499 which is $100 more than the dell monitor....what do you think? should i get it.

hmm. I think its worth the extra $100. What I would do if I were you is go to a store that has both the monitors and see if you can get them to let you compare the two. But if you can't, just get the Acer.

11 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

hmm. I think its worth the extra $100. What I would do if I were you is go to a store that has both the monitors and see if you can get them to let you compare the two. But if you can't, just get the Acer.

Well a bestbuy has the 27 inch dell on display, however the acer one is not out for display in either bestbuy or costco. stuck myself. $100 more for 27 inch, and ips. it might just be worth it tbh.

8 minutes ago, Snow- said:

Well a bestbuy has the 27 inch dell on display, however the acer one is not out for display in either bestbuy or costco. stuck myself. $100 more for 27 inch, and ips. it might just be worth it tbh.

yeah its worth it.