Durable wireless mouse (MX Master?)

Go to solution Solved by Jdnoss1234,

I have been running a MX Master 40 hours a week since it launched and it still looks brand new. It gets worked pretty hard as I do CAD work for a living.

1 minute ago, Rainverm38 said:

I can recommend the Logitech G602

Which is not a WIRELESS mouse.

Just now, SansVarnic said:

They are not cheap I paid $50 for each. I have had both for over 4 years and they still look and perform like the first day I bought them, battery life is great 6-8 months.

mx masters vs Microsoft mouse mouse is a nobrainer, 50 bucks for that awful build is not worth it. 

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Which is not a WIRELESS mouse.

its wireless, it's the edgy brother of MX masters without the charm 

Logitech-G602-Wireless-Gaming-Mouse-09.jpg

7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

mx masters vs Microsoft mouse mouse is a nobrainer, 50 bucks for that awful build is not worth it. 

Your opinion.

You dismiss to easily without proper due diligence. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, Rainverm38 said:

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

its wireless, it's the edgy brother of MX masters without the charm 

My mistake- I read 'G502'. I know the G602 is wireless.

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

@Kloaked, @Damascus, @nerdslayer1- thank you for your responses.

The MX Master is $60 right now. Is it a good deal at that price? The G602 is $20 less, and the G700s is also usually $20 less (goes on sale frequently). 

4 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

The MX Master will be more comfortable to use imo.

5 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

up to you, convenience of wireless mouse is worth it for me, combined with good build that is meant last.

Would you say it's good value at $60? 

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

i would say so

Just now, Aereldor said:

yes but i picked it up for about $40 at bestbuy

6 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Your opinion.

You dismiss to easily without proper due diligence. 

plastic vs well build metal very hard choice to make.  a high-end industry favorite vs wireless problem city knows as Microsoft stock mouse.   

8 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

I bought both versions so yes :)

5 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

plastic vs well build metal very hard choice to make.  a high-end industry favorite vs wireless problem city knows as Microsoft stock mouse.   

Both of these are now about $40 online and are very well built mice. I have been using them for years now.

I have never had issues. not once. spouting rhetoric and misinformation is not cool.

I have dropped, crushed my 4000 several times and it still works like a champ. Sounds like solid build quality to me.

Just because it has the Microsoft logo doesn't make it cheap ...

Capture.JPG.764432e07eb56b129a659f75f1990716.JPG

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

Both of these are now about $40 online and are very well built mice. I have been using them for years now.

I have never had issues. not once. spouting rhetoric and misinformation is not cool.

I have dropped, crushed my 4000 several times and it still works like a champ. Sounds like solid build quality to me.

Capture.JPG.764432e07eb56b129a659f75f1990716.JPG

yes but OP is looking for a high-end wireless mouse not a freebie you get with Microsoft product that most people don't use.

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes but OP is looking for a high-end wireless mouse not a freebie you get with Microsoft product that most people don't use.

They are not freebies I bought these when Microsoft mice were the top line peripheral and logitech was nothing 

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

I bought these when Microsoft mice were the top line peripheral and logitech was nothing

so once in a blue moon? Microsoft peripheral were never anything special, you buy/ get them for free to get the job done. i have used both and i can tell you there is a quality difference. we are comparing a microsoft stock mouse to a mx masters. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

so once in a blue moon? Microsoft peripheral were never anything special, you buy/ get them for free to get the job done. i have used both and i can tell you there is a quality difference.  

Forget it. I am wasting my time.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

21 minutes ago, Rainverm38 said:

yes but i picked it up for about $40 at bestbuy

When? PCPartPicker pricing history doesn't show it going below $60. Ever.

Just now, Aereldor said:

When? PCPartPicker pricing history doesn't show it going below $60. Ever.

Prob had a instore sale, Bestbuy does that sometimes.

I wouldn't expect pcp prices to be 100% accurate.

Just now, Aytex said:

You said, microsoft peripherals are nothing special, and I am saying the microsoft intellimouse optical was a very high regarded mouse that was good, and still is today..

i was talking in general.