Resizing effect? Premiere pro help

If you guys know any tutorial showing how to do this please post it below, i've been trying to do it myself but unsuccessful. 

Example video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbPfzvq1wWU&index=29&list=PLVGT_7RQui0EUJUKxqJbeGsFlzZWCXiz7

The effect i want starts at 00:07 and end at 00:28. I searched for tutorials, but couldn't find any or maybe i searched the wrong way.  

He just somehow made the selected area big and then small again without making the whole thing big or small....

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

It's just some quick transition, could be one of the preset available on the editing application they are using.

If not try just scaling it to zero by using the keyframes (keep it quick) and add lot of motion blur or blur. Though, I doubt they did this as it's horribly time consuming and inconvenient.

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I'm lost... are you referring to a constant effect or the video transitions between clips?

4 minutes ago, Redjo said:

-SNIP-

Roses are red

My name is Roy

We caught the alligator that ate the De Luca boy

3 minutes ago, Evanair said:

I'm lost... are you referring to a constant effect or the video transitions between clips?

I talk about his facecam not the transitions beetwen the clips... look how his facecam goes big to show his reaction from really small and then back to normal size and it doesnt effect anything else its just he somehow selected the cam only to go big and small without making the background small and big. 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

7 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

This tutorial does not show what i want does it? 

Project Redline: 

Just now, Redjo said:

This tutorial does not show what i want does it? 

Ok, i didnt watch it all the way through.

Select the clip you want, go to effect controls

Click the little stopwatch icon next to the 'scale' box.

GO to the point of which you want the size change to start, and click the little diamond

Go the the point of which you want the size change to end, click the diamond again, and change the value of the scale box to what you want

Roses are red

My name is Roy

2 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

GO to the point of which you want the size change to start, and click the little diamond

Go the the point of which you want the size change to end, click the diamond again, and change the value of the scale box to what you want

You will also need to the same to y-position(I think if not than x-position). The starting point being just barely off the screen and the end point being wherever you want your clip to end up.

CPU: I7 5820K@4.0Ghz | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Ram: 4 x 4Gb G.Skill Tridentz@3200Mhz | GPU: XFX 390x | Cooling: Corsair H115i | PSU: Corsair RMX 850x | Storage: Samsung 250Gb 850 EVO + 2tb Seagate HDD | Case: Inwin 805 | Keyboard: Tesoro Gram Spectrum | Mouse: Tesoro Gram H3L | Mousepad: Corsair MM800 RGB  | OS: Windows 10

13 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

But this will scale  the background aswell i just want to scale PLAYER CAMERA, can you watch the example i showed i want to do exatcly the same thing he did starts at 00:07 and ends at 00:28

Project Redline: 

20 minutes ago, Redjo said:

But this will scale  the background aswell i just want to scale PLAYER CAMERA, can you watch the example i showed i want to do exatcly the same thing he did starts at 00:07 and ends at 00:28

Very easy.  Duplicate the Video layer on top of itself. Using the top later, mask out the rest of the video you don't need. Now scale that video as necessary.

21 minutes ago, Redjo said:

Thats why i said select the clip you want

Roses are red

My name is Roy

2 minutes ago, Evanair said:

Very easy.  Duplicate the Video layer on top of itself. Using the top later, mask out the rest of the video you don't need. Now scale that video as necessary.

Thats way over complicating things

Roses are red

My name is Roy

1 minute ago, UberGamerKing said:

Thats why i said select the clip you want

Just guessing, I'm assuming it's one video file from how he's talking, not different ones for the face/gameplay.

Just now, Evanair said:

Just guessing, I'm assuming it's one video file from how he's talking, not different ones for the face/gameplay.

Well that makes everything much harder

Roses are red

My name is Roy

2 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

Well that makes everything much harder

Thats the video ive recorded from his stream, now i want only to scale his camera, but without scaling anything else like in the example and then put it back in place.

qf61i8.jpg

Project Redline: 

2 minutes ago, Redjo said:

Thats the video ive recorded from his stream, now i want only to scale his camera like in the example and then put it back in place.

In that case, copy the video ontop of itself, get a Crop effect from the Effect tab.

Crop it so only the face-cam shows

Then do the steps i previously mentioned to you

Roses are red

My name is Roy

4 minutes ago, UberGamerKing said:

In that case, copy the video ontop of itself, get a Crop effect from the Effect tab.

Crop it so only the face-cam shows

Then do the steps i previously mentioned to you

Is there any tutorial i can follow visually with the things you mention? 

Project Redline: 

Damn Uber, I need to go through my effects pannel more often.  As rare as I crop video in Premeire, I've just been nesting clips.  I typed this whole thing then saw your post haha.

Thank you for the info =D

Spoiler

1. Duplicate the video layer up. (Hold Alt, drag up to V2)
  2. Right Click the new layer, and select "Nest"  Name it something you know
    1. This creates a new timeline for that clip alone and inserts it into the timeline on top of where you need it to.  Masking in After Effects is easier, but more work for this.
  3. Now, open the clip by double clicking it (should be a different color.
  4. Now, you can right click the new timeline to change it's ratio to something 4:3 instead of 16:9 as the webcams are 4:3
  5. Use the above "Resize" options to blow up the video to the exact frame size you want
  6. Go back to the original timeline and shrink the nested piece to fit exactly on top.
  7. Resize the nested clip as needed.

1 minute ago, Redjo said:

Just try dragging the effect "Crop" on top of a clip. Set the blue box to what you want to be seen. Pretty easy once you play with it a tad.

2 minutes ago, Redjo said:

People dont normally do it this way as most people work with individual clips, rather than the single clip.

I can record a quick tutorial later and send you the link if u like

Roses are red

My name is Roy

1 minute ago, UberGamerKing said:

People dont normally do it this way as most people work with individual clips, rather than the single clip.

I can record a quick tutorial later and send you the link if u like

That would be amazing! 

Project Redline: