2 of my email accounts had been leaked. Check yours asap.

I was browsing through reddit, someone was saying that his apple ID had been leaked, (email as well as password) and the "hacker" logged into his account (in china). 

Another redditor suggested there was a site that can help you check whether your email had been pwned or not...

I tried it, and two of my main account all had been pwned. One Gmail account and the other is an outlook account. 

The gmail account was leaked because of a data breach @ adobe. (October 2013) and the outlook account was leaked @ unreal engine forum (August 2016). 

Just to give you guys a heads up. Check yours asap. 

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Just realised that this whole post sounds like a spam email.... it is not.... 

When you say it was because of the Adobe and Unreal breach, you mean that you were using the same password on your email account - which was the email account linked to your Adobe and Unreal account

Bad move 

000host, dropbox and nexus mods. I don't use the same password for things I care about so tis all good.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Just now, AUniqueName said:

When you say it was because of the Adobe and Unreal breach, you mean that you were using the same password on your email account - which was the email account linked to your Adobe and Unreal account

Bad move 

I see.... I tend to use the same password for all non-credit card related account..... 

Since there is no money involved... 

I should probably reconsider it. 

I vouch for that site, is handy for checking, you can if I recall have them remove your email from there to stop others searching you up also!.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

So... you didn't have 2fa enabled? I have 3 gmail accounts and none of them has had any suspicious logins for over year.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

So... you didn't have 2fa enabled? I have 3 gmail accounts and none of them has had any suspicious logins for over year.

er.....no..... I should probably start using it.... 

On 3/19/2017 at 3:45 PM, mrchow19910319 said:

I see.... I tend to use the same password for all non-credit card related account..... 

Since there is no money involved... 

I should probably reconsider it. 

password manager man, they're really really handy and easier to use than regular passwords imo :)

Yeah, everyone should use a password manager and use long, random passwords for every password that they don't need to remember. A lot of websites use UTF-8 for passwords, which means you can use emoji. All the most commonly used passwords have a strong bias towards ASCII characters, so using emoji in the passwords you have to remember can improve security and make them more memorable. Also, because of the way UTF-8 works, non-ASCII characters are 2 bytes instead of 1 byte.

16 hours ago, noahdvs said:

Yeah, everyone should use a password manager and use long, random passwords for every password that they don't need to remember. A lot of websites use UTF-8 for passwords, which means you can use emoji. All the most commonly used passwords have a strong bias towards ASCII characters, so using emoji in the passwords you have to remember can improve security and make them more memorable. Also, because of the way UTF-8 works, non-ASCII characters are 2 bytes instead of 1 byte.

2FA is also handy, sadly twitter and some others can only use SMS and no Google authenticator :/