8.00GB (7.88GB usable) ram

In the attached image my computer says it has 8.00GB ram but only 7.88GB usable. I recently removed my GPU to RMA it and before that it never said (7.88GB usable) as far as I know. Just worried, when i put a GPU back in the system, will that 7.88GB usable disappear? Im assuming the Intel HD 530 is using the 220MB ram thats locked for video memory. Just worried it will stay locked when I add a GPU back in.

Some clarification would help.

test jpg.PNG

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow

My 1st guess would be that 128-256 MB are reserved by the video card inside the cpu, therefore subtracted from that number..

Don't sweat it, there is no way that small number will ever be noticeable or affect the computer.

You are correct. RAM that is "missing" is memory dedicated to the integrated GPU. Everything should be back to normal when you put the graphics card back in.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

My A4 started using full ram when I dropped a dgpu in it and I assume you're will too

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just wanted to make sure, thanks.

R5 5600   Asus ROG Strix RTX2060   B550  Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR4   Kingston A2000 1TB M.2    Kingston UV400 SSD   NZXT H510 Flow