My First Good Computer Build - Almobile

almokinsgov

i wish i could turn the debug code led off, but i may have to jury-rig something up.

the xspc waterpump is pretty noisy so im rma'ing that and getting a refund. then buying the v5 set and adding another 280 to the front, also one of my sp120s failed...rma

on the bright side i jus ordered the 780 ti block and backplate from ek direct :DDDDD

more to come 

No problem with the stickers, but the EVGA one is upside down :P

I have fixed that, i assumed that it was like a ranking emblem and threw it on xD without looking

• 2 weeks later...

Shes all finished

EK FC-780 GTX Ti Waterblock
EK FC-780 Backplate
XSPC D5 Vario Dualbay Res/Pump
XSPC AX250
XSPC EX280
XSPC Raystorm
XSPC White 3/8 5/8 Tubing
10 x XSPC 3/8 5/8 Compression Fittings

1WxjZi3l.jpg

mGNsmc9l.jpg

a0QnCaOl.jpg

g5tZSWnl.jpg

uOr5CI9l.jpg

Edited by almokinsgov

Looks great, did you do two radiators or one?

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Pics or it didn't happen :P

where are the pics

And now you can argue the pics are fake... :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

ill post a closeup of the front rad, quite a mission to get it to fit xD

If the LEDs were white it would look nicer.  But that is a sexy build!  Love the R4 insides

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I have a very similar build to yours. Scary close actually. I'm looking to add a 280 radiator and my gpu to the loop. Curious how you managed to fit that radiator in the front of the case. 

I have a very similar build to yours. Scary close actually. I'm looking to add a 280 radiator and my gpu to the loop. Curious how you managed to fit that radiator in the front of the case. 

Looks great, did you do two radiators or one?

Good Question

There was not that much information about 280s on the front, so i went ahead and bout the rad xD

i took the cheapy way, but it worked 

i removed the hard drive tray completely to get this all done, you will have to move it even further back, you will be able to use the fan mesh to secure the tray again with screws later 

i mounted two 120mm inside the front fan holder to make up a push pull system, as i needed the two middle holes for the rad

bwN2gSql.jpg

Here is a view from the other side 

n5JQrgsl.jpg

i put the fan holder back in with the fan and aligned the ran in the case to match the two lower screw holes (140mm)

i used the long rad screws to secure the rad in

4czUB9Tl.jpg

keep on tightening the screws until the fan clamp overlap the 280mm rad. well at least until there is not much of a gap for air to disappear 

Sz5Lm6E.jpg

screwed two holes in the fan filter to match the new scews :) also i would reccomend taking off the two middle tabs(pain to take filter on a off)

j9Jy4mAl.jpg

and the hard drives stay nice a cool :)

hope this helps someone out :)

Qlmxu6y.jpg

If the LEDs were white it would look nicer.  But that is a sexy build!  Love the R4 insides

i agree, the LEDs all came with the xspc stuff, so i put them to use.

SCHNIPP

So in the front you basically mounted the 120mm fans into the bracket, put it in, and then mounted the radiator to the four 140 mm screw holes in the middle of the bracket with long screws?

For the top rad. it's a 240x120x25 mm rad? how was clearance with the fans and the mobo? i guess 140 mm fans woul've been too wide? but it looks like enough space to the VRM heatsink. Did you have to mount the radiator offset?

Like the build!

who cares...

Nice work on the radiators. B)

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Good Question

There was not that much information about 280s on the front, so i went ahead and bout the rad xD

i took the cheapy way, but it worked 

i removed the hard drive tray completely to get this all done, you will have to move it even further back, you will be able to use the fan mesh to secure the tray again with screws later 

i mounted two 120mm inside the front fan holder to make up a push pull system, as i needed the two middle holes for the rad

bwN2gSql.jpg

Here is a view from the other side 

n5JQrgsl.jpg

i put the fan holder back in with the fan and aligned the ran in the case to match the two lower screw holes (140mm)

i used the long rad screws to secure the rad in

4czUB9Tl.jpg

keep on tightening the screws until the fan clamp overlap the 280mm rad. well at least until there is not much of a gap for air to disappear 

Sz5Lm6E.jpg

screwed two holes in the fan filter to match the new scews :) also i would reccomend taking off the two middle tabs(pain to take filter on a off)

j9Jy4mAl.jpg

and the hard drives stay nice a cool :)

hope this helps someone out :)

Qlmxu6y.jpg

This helps a ton. Thanks for the tips! I plan on buying 280 rad whenever I get my tax return.

There was very little room for wiggle, i had to mount the rad as far as i could to the left, lucky the sp120s dont have a complete square design so it made it easy to just fit the cables. 

it is hard to take the ram in and out. 2mm space xD

5zlL3xYl.jpg

I didnt see any pics xD

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119