Switchable graphics. Crimson ReLive makes me freak OUT!!!

Go to solution Solved by samcool55,

Nuke it with DDU (both intel and amd driver) reinstall the amd driver first, then the intel driver and then check the profiles in crimson, you should be able to select for every game you have a specific profile for that game and decide in that which gpu you want to use.

I'm definitely loosing my nervs on freaking Crimson ReLive.

Eversince I bought this actually really decent Ultrabook the 510 ISK. I got trouble with the switchable graphics AND updates.

Everytime I install a game for some unexplainable reason it chooses the Intel graphics first. OK then go on and switch it I thought.

Step 1: Tried to do so in Crimson under Games but there it was already done.

Step 2: Found the settings that lead to the well known window from Catalyst and also there it was on high performance.

Step 3: Change energy global settings to high performance...and...nothing happens...still HD graphics

Step 4: Update driver as promted. "There is a new version available...blabla" click the new Update...and... "You already have the latest version" F***k NO I DON'T

Step 5: Uninstall everything and directly install the "latest version" from the official AMD Site wich was 16.2. sthg I think

Step 6: Again there is an Update available but this time it hangs instantly as soon as I click through Updatemenu

Step 7: Uninstall everything and directly install the really latest version (17.3.1) from the official AMD Site

Step 8: Nothing happens. Same s**t different day

Step 9: Finally A solution but not the one I like. Install the Catalyst 15.11.1 beta from AMD PARALLEL (I didn't uninstall Crimson) and over Catalyst wich is the same freaking window as in Crimson, now it works...

I searched over any place in the Internet I could think of, but nobody seems to have the same problem. 

HELP pelase!

Greets Elia

creating a profile in Control Center for hi performance works for me

if you're having issues, maybe you should DDU the entire thing and download the latest drivers from AMD's webpage

Nuke it with DDU (both intel and amd driver) reinstall the amd driver first, then the intel driver and then check the profiles in crimson, you should be able to select for every game you have a specific profile for that game and decide in that which gpu you want to use.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

On 15.3.2017 at 4:29 PM, samcool55 said:

Thanks a lot. Seems it's working finally properly now. AMD Driver first would be the key then.

cheers Elia