Wedding gift idea for nerdy couple?

Scruffy90

What are some wedding gift idea for nerdy couple? My cousin's getting married in a few weeks and him and his fiance are fairly nerdy (scifi, cartoons, comics, videogames, etc). No clue what would be a cool gift. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

7 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

What are some wedding gift idea for nerdy couple? My cousin's getting married in a few weeks and him and his fiance are fairly nerdy (scifi, cartoons, comics, videogames, etc). No clue what would be a cool gift. 

A copy of Revenge of the Nerds I?  Maybe the Atari ET game?

Or send them this link:

http://gizmodo.com/5621585/tron-kama-sutra-because-even-nerds-have-sex

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Usually couples register their gifts somewhere, I would go with that because newlyweds need housewares  and crap like that. 

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

Just now, AkiraDaarkst said:

A copy of Revenge of the Nerds I?  Maybe the Atari ET game?

The first one would've been a good one if they didn't have it, and I honestly wonder how much the Atari ET is going for now.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Just now, Gix7Fifty said:

Usually couples register their gifts somewhere, I would go with that because newlyweds need housewares  and crap like that. 

The problem is my dumbass cousin put like 1 item on their registry and that was it lol. So i am under the assumption that these two have all of their houseware in order, especially since they've been living together for years.

Maybe some sex toys in the shape of Star Wars/Star Trek/Babylon 5/Game of Thrones or other nerd related products.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

1 minute ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Maybe some sex toys in the shape of Star Wars/Star Trek/Babylon 5/Game of Thrones or other nerd related products.

LMFAO XD. That's not a bad idea, albiet a bit inappropriate for me to give since he's family. I could see the Star Wars and Star Trek Products being made, didn't know about the others. 

Just now, Scruffy90 said:

LMFAO XD. That's not a bad idea, albiet a bit inappropriate for me to give since he's family. I could see the Star Wars and Star Trek Products being made, didn't know about the others. 

Well I'm not sure if there are any GoT adult toys, since gore, violence and death seems to be like 80%+ in the series... I wonder if GRR Martin ever thought of including a phallic adult toy in the novel that has a hidden knife or arrow to kill someone during....

Anyway, back to PG-13 and serious suggestions, what kind of nerdy stuff do your cousins enjoy?  Just because someone is a nerd doesn't mean that they are all into the same sci-fi or stuff, nerds also have different tastes.

Maybe you can look for some ideas on Google "Gifts for Nerds" or on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gifts+for+nerds

Why not get them something from thinkgeek or a loot crate subscription?  

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

2 hours ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Anyway, back to PG-13 and serious suggestions, what kind of nerdy stuff do your cousins enjoy?  Just because someone is a nerd doesn't mean that they are all into the same sci-fi or stuff, nerds also have different tastes.

Maybe you can look for some ideas on Google "Gifts for Nerds" or on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gifts+for+nerds

The search result gave me some good ideas. 

As far as what they like, its broad. game of thrones, star wars, star trek, Marvel Cimea Universe, DC cinema uni, Game of Thrones, A bunch of video game series, Nintendo, late 80s-early 00s cartoons.

1 hour ago, Zusafek said:

Why not get them something from thinkgeek or a loot crate subscription?  

Think geek is a good idea. Keep forgetting they exist. And these two are subscribed to a bunch of boxes. No clue what they have. 

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Why not something like the inflatable Balloonicorn?

At least that's what I'd get someone. I'm guessing they wouldn't care for it though.

Lmao. This would make for an awesome gag gift. Im going to buy it and ride in on it during their wedding xD

This has more of a christmassy theme to it but even for generally nerdy gift ideas, it has some good ideas. Saved my bacon last year buying presents for my mother :D

Well what are they geeky about? 

System

Case- Thermaltake Core V21 / CPU - i7 4790 / GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070 / Mobo - Gigabyte Z97 mx / Ram - 4x4 gb GSkill Sniper DDR3 1866 / Storage - 2x WD Black 1tb drives, 1x 120gb OCZ SSD / Cooler - Cooler Master TX3 / PSU - EVGA G2 650w / Audio - Sennheiser PC 350 SE / Monitor - Asus 1920X1080 @60hz / Keyboard & Mouse - Cooler Master Devastator II / OS - Windows 10 Enterprise

34 minutes ago, KemoKa said:

This has more of a christmassy theme to it but even for generally nerdy gift ideas, it has some good ideas. Saved my bacon last year buying presents for my mother :D

I'll give it a look. The video posted above gave me a couple of good ideas too. 

28 minutes ago, arbellason55 said:

Well what are they geeky about? 

As far as what they like, its broad. game of thrones, star wars, star trek, Marvel Cimea Universe, DC cinema uni, Game of Thrones, A bunch of video game series, Nintendo, late 80s-early 00s cartoons.