Static noise even when computer is turned off (reward for the problem solver!)

Membag
7 minutes ago, SaladFingers said:

I'm not sure if that's what you mean you did, but if you didn't, take out the motherboard and run everything outside of the case to rule out any kind of shortage with the case itself.

Took the mobo out and ran it, still static.

6 minutes ago, Pesukarhu said:

Is windows actually trying to output sound, look in the audio mixer to confirm there is activity.
Might be that your audio is damaged, could have been static or just a defect. I had my asrock board have terrible rear audio, bad static and clipping. Front panel audio and mic worked though. If you have warranty, now might be a good time to use it.

You could reseat your psu cables, make sure the 24-pin is in as deep as it goes. Could be the audio circuit is not getting enough power to work properly.
If you have another psu, you can also try that.

When using the test thing on volume mixer it does output sound, but nothing on speakers or headphones.

I had horrible front panel audio but rear worked fine before this

also the 24-pin is properly.

Just now, Membag said:

I had horrible front panel audio but rear worked fine before this

Rma your board if possible. If not, you can get a cheap usb soundcard for your speakers.

1 hour ago, Pesukarhu said:

Rma your board if possible. If not, you can get a cheap usb soundcard for your speakers.

RMA is not possible anymore.

I tried again listening if I can hear any Windows sounds and I can hear a very quiet sound in the static, so I guess this can be fixed with a soundcard?

sound card in the MB might be getting interference from another component

to learn more about this watch this

it will most likely show why you are having this problem

****SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH IT'S REALLY TERRIBLE*****

Been married to my wife for 3 years now! Yay!

Looks like I have the same problem; in my case all started after my PC switched off spontaneously while short-circuiting an Arduino connected to it (sounds to me nearly imposible that a short-circuit in the Arduino creates any problem in the PC connected just with an USB... but the coincidence of events is too obvious to be by chance!). Next time I switched on the loudspeakers, I got a permanent nasty sound, even with PC off. Only stops when A) cut current from the PC B) switch off the loudspeakers. I have verified that loudspeakers are fine... so must be a problem with my integrated audio system (my board is an Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0). Also headphones connected to the green jack make no sound at all, I imagine because they are not powered like the loudspeakers.

Any suggestion, apart from dismounting the board or buying a cheap card?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I borrowed a soundcard and it fixed it, sadly the motherboard is now broken. 

Same solution... 8$ for an used card