best free antivirus for virus prone person

mc141

Ok my wife gets a virus every month what is the best free combo to use.free software only. i always use zone labs firewall although she always says yes to every thing. Where as i read every pop up and click acordingly i normaly use avast and zone labs but i am carefull. I need something that will be idiot proof. With a strong emphasis on idiot proof. Im tired of re imaging her drive every month.

Avast is pretty foolproof and simple...

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

i use avg free. it keeps viruses abay and stays out of the way.. oh god.

I wouldn't recommend that though, I got ratted whilst using that and only removed it because I knew how.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Avast Free, Adblock on the browser being used, if you really want to go all out you can pick up something like Avast Internet Security or Sandboxie, Sandbox the Browser off and go from there?

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Ok my wife gets a virus every month what is the best free combo to use.free software only. i always use zone labs firewall although she always says yes to every thing. Where as i read every pop up and click acordingly i normaly use avast and zone labs but i am carefull. I need something that will be idiot proof. With a strong emphasis on idiot proof. Im tired of re imaging her drive every month.

ADblock AVG and tell her to dont click on everysingledamn thing... sHould be golden then

I wouldn't recommend that though, I got ratted whilst using that and only removed it because I knew how.

what?

hello

AVG free and configure it not to ask user for any input and let it handle browser searches.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

One of the above antiviruses and then also get malwarebytes and web of trust, I call it the three hit combo

- antivirus of choice

-malwarebytes

-weboftrust

You are less likely to get viruses and you will get warning left right and center to prevent the chance of it happening, also it blocks screamer websites so fuck the teamspeak guys with their 420yolo

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Use Avast, and don't give her admin rights.

Use Avast, and don't give her admin rights.

i wish she has to be admin or she cant remotely connect to the resteraunts server  or acces the ordering site last time i locked down her computer i didnt gain my hearing back for a week lol

Unfortunately no software ever made can protect the user from themselves.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

Damn every month... same with my mom... I just wonder what they go on...

i wish she has to be admin or she cant remotely connect to the resteraunts server  or acces the ordering site last time i locked down her computer i didnt gain my hearing back for a week lol

Is Linux an option or no? I believe remote access is possible in that case while not having admin rights. Ubuntu is quite easy to use also.

Mcaff- *gets Chuck Norrissed*

But really, how about a combo of Malwarebytes' and AVG?

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Is Linux an option or no? I believe remote access is possible in that case while not having admin rights. Ubuntu is quite easy to use also.

its not windows and it doesnt have explorer shes a explorer fanboy or girl. i tred to teach her kde desktop but it was like training a 2 yr old to use a nuclear reactor .if explorer isnt working she gets pissed me and my kids use firefox and i fight with her when shes on my pc my pc is locked down to asking me every other move it makes app wise.zone alarm ask me to allow or not allow and i can block shady apps. she was on my pc and couldnt  get on half the sites she wanted. then she bitched about my suround setup told me my computer was fcked up and i dont know what im doing that i suck at computers and my job lol. i told her is she dont like my setup or my kids setup that we never have issues(only a few on win 8) go use hers  cuz it is set up to the way i want it and that i trained my kids to use it the way i set it up. but then she got mad at me then i realized i was still in windows update on hers.

its not windows and it doesnt have explorer shes a explorer fanboy or girl. i tred to teach her kde desktop but it was like training a 2 yr old to use a nuclear reactor .if explorer isnt working she gets pissed me and my kids use firefox and i fight with her when shes on my pc my pc is locked down to asking me every other move it makes app wise.zone alarm ask me to allow or not allow and i can block shady apps. she was on my pc and couldnt  get on half the sites she wanted. then she bitched about my suround setup told me my computer was fcked up and i dont know what im doing that i suck at computers and my job lol. i told her is she dont like my setup or my kids setup that we never have issues(only a few on win 8) go use hers  cuz it is set up to the way i want it and that i trained my kids to use it the way i set it up. but then she got mad at me then i realized i was still in windows update on hers.

Sigh... I guess a more drastic option would be to do nothing when her computer gets infected, given the assumption that this IS an option.

Sadly, there is no protection from user error/idiocy unless the user is fixed and educated entirely.

I tweeted at @Slick a few weeks back and he said that he uses mse and he hadent had any problem with viruses