Where to build budget PC Vancouver (or ps 4 instead)?

Hi, this is my first post btw, I am an international student who will study CS at Vancouver for this summer semester.

I want to do some casual gaming in my free time and pretty confused between ps4 or budget gaming PC. Now I already have a laptop that is capable of doing college things, so the purpose of the PC is only for gaming.

I have checked pcpartpicker and set the merchants to newegg and ncix so I can get free shipping option.https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Nfs9BP

After tax this PC costs CA$720. Is this build is good enough? Or should i get ps 4 instead?

look around free geek, you should get a 1080p 60 fps parts for cheap. 

Just now, NameDoesNotFi said:

It's best to buy a used ps4, cuz its really cheap now!!!

not if he wants high fps gaming, ps4 is awesome but can't really compare.  

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

look around free geek, you should get a 1080p 60 fps parts for cheap. 

not if he wants high fps gaming, ps4 is awesome but can't really compare.  

im checking freegeek right now thanks

that is true, but ps 4 exclusive games make me confused (Last of us 2, horizon zero down) :/

1 minute ago, abelmoeljono said:

that is true, but ps 4 exclusive games make me confused (Last of us 2, horizon zero down) :/

last of us is a awesome game, me and my wife got a ps4 pro because of this ps vita and vr that we used once. 

9 minutes ago, abelmoeljono said:

I am not sure how long you still stay in Canada, but are you being able to carry the desktop to somewhere else?  I have a ps4 since its launch, I have so much game in account but never had time to play as a college student.  

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

last of us is a awesome game, me and my wife got a ps4 pro because of this ps vita and vr that we used once. 

off topic now but, is the VR worth buying now?  I have vita and my cousin wanted to buy a Vr bundle and ask me for funding, did you have fun with the VR?  Have you lose interests on it after one ore two week?

Just now, NameDoesNotFi said:

off topic now but, is the VR worth buying now?  I have vita and my cousin wanted to buy a Vr bundle and ask me for funding, did you have fun with the VR?  Have you lose interests on it after one ore two week?

pc vr is not worth getting, decent games are non-existent for now. psvr is another story long as you go in with low expectation you will like it, just remember its a novelty feature.  

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You forgot we have to pay taxes too :(

ps4 is not worth getting at the same time, if OP could spend the extra money a ps4 pro is a good system. 

7 minutes ago, NameDoesNotFi said:

I am not sure how long you still stay in Canada, but are you being able to carry the desktop to something else?  I have a ps4 since its launch, I have so much game in account but never had time to play as a college student.  

i will be there longer than 4 years :)

yeah ps4 portability is better too i have to considered that as a plus point

7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i think i am leaning towards ps 4 pro now because it's initial price is cheaper and it's size is way smaller than pc, but i worry about the graphic quality.

Edited by abelmoeljono
ps4 pro not ps4

Just now, abelmoeljono said:

i will be there longer than 4 years :)

yeah ps4 portability is better too i have to considered that as a plus point

i think i am leaning towards ps 4 now because it's initial price is cheaper and it's size is way smaller than pc, but i worry about the graphic quality.

get a ps vita with it, if you use remote play the ps4 games looks excellent in a vita display. 

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a ps vita with it, if you use remote play the ps4 games looks excellent in a vita display. 

yea i will definitely checking ps vita too :)

btw for 1080p display is ps 4 pro really worth it compared to ps 4?

ps4 pro can do 1440p in some games or downsample 1440p into 1080p or 4k in small less graphically demanding games, get games that have good stories like last of us. 

Just now, abelmoeljono said:

I played some fps game in ps4 for a period of time, you expected everyone to play on the same setting on the same game, so 1080p is good enough.  I did not upgrade to ps 4 pro because I have a 65'' 3d tv.  but they seem to limit the fps to 30 on 4k gaming on ps4 pro.  You will only notice the different if you have a 64" screen.  I believe ps4 pro stick at 60fps at 1080p as well.  

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

ps4 pro can do 1440p in some games or downsample 1440p into 1080p, get games that have good stories like last of us. 

where to buy cheap ps 4 and its games in Vancouver, Canada? Is best buy good? It's only 2km from my college

where to buy cheap ps 4 and its games in Vancouver, Canada? Is best buy good? It's only 2km from my college

to be honest its up to you, i got my ps4 pro in a sale when i visited USA, i got a bundle with headset, controller, batman vr and last of us for 300 usd at bestbuy. 

I'd definitely go PS4 judging by what you've said in the thread. Not only is it considerably cheaper, but it's easier to move around. Yeah, the graphics won't be as nice, but it's not like you're going to be playing an N64 vs a computer with a Titan X.

Best Buy is a good bet. Also check out London Drugs, Amazon, and Memory Express.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

$30 cheaper than the original build and there are no BIOS issues (H110 boards are not always ready for Kabylake CPUs):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($84.97 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($74.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($66.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate Momentus Thin 320GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($37.00 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 480 4GB Dual Video Card  ($224.50 @ Vuugo)
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.80 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $574.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-10 01:37 EST-0500

Just now, dizmo said:

I'd definitely go PS4 judging by what you've said in the thread. Not only is it considerably cheaper, but it's easier to move around. Yeah, the graphics won't be as nice, but it's not like you're going to be playing an N64 vs a computer with a Titan X.

Best Buy is a good bet. Also check out London Drugs, Amazon, and Memory Express.

or used if OP wants to save money. 

Just now, stconquest said:

$30 cheaper than the original build and there are no BIOS issues (H110 boards are not always ready for Kabylake CPUs):

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($84.97 @ NCIX)
Motherboard: ASRock B250M-HDV Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($74.50 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($66.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Seagate Momentus Thin 320GB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($37.00 @ Amazon Canada)
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 480 4GB Dual Video Card  ($224.50 @ Vuugo)
Case: BitFenix Nova ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.80 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $574.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-10 01:37 EST-0500

a ps4 will be much better and hassle free experience than a pc in his scenario. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

a ps4 will be much better and hassle free experience than a pc in his scenario. 

What is his scenario?

A PS4 is a PS4.  You have much weaker hardware, and pay much more for running costs (online/high priced games).

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

or used if OP wants to save money. 

Very true, though the Pro model might be a little hard to find for a decent price. Taking a quick look there are some solid bundles on Craigslist though.

What is his scenario?

A PS4 is a PS4.  You have much weaker hardware, and pay for running costs (online/high priced games).

Games are the same price new. If you want older games, you can buy used for roughly the same price as Steam sells them.

Running costs are around $4 a month. That's a seriously lame excuse.

Didn't you read the thread?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

What is his scenario?

A PS4 is a PS4.  You have much weaker hardware, and pay for running costs (online/high priced games).

who cares, sometimes you just want to have fun and relax with games like last of us or try out vr or ps vita.