Titan & other supercomputers tracking trillions of particles

XzzDSA

Hey Techies!

An article on TheVerge.com : http://www.theverge.com/2013/11/11/5081024/new-supercomputer-visualization-shows-the-formation-of-the-universe

Basicly it's about how a research team at Argonne National Lab have created a simulation of trillions of particles to effectivly simulate the universe at it is believed to have looked 6.4 billion years ago.

The point of this type of simulation is to obviously better understand the universe, how it expands and what follows...

I'm personally very interrested in what this will mean in the future. If this will even play a role / bare any success with it.

A video of the simulation can also be seen in the article.

0E1o8cX.png

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

WOAH that awesome.

but folding or mining bitcoins would be awesome as well.

Space man... damn

Lol yeah, dat awesome.. Ikr :P

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

run F@H on that super computer for a month and we will have the cure for cancer :P

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

run F@H on that super computer for a month and we will have the cure for cancer :P

Think of the points you could get out of it, trillions.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

What you can do today with computers is just mindblowing!

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs