4690K, Time for Ryzen?

So I'm still using a Core i5 4690K which is slowly starting to fall under the scope of recommended CPU's.
Mass Effect Andromeda for recommended actually recommends a 4790.

I've got my trusty old worker OC'd to around 4 GHz on a Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 cooled by H80i GT.

I'm wondering if I should be OK for 1080p High for a while or if I should pull the trigger on the buy button once Corsair sends out my AM4 Bracket?

Yes I think a 4690 should be perfectly fine for 1080P.

2 minutes ago, digidude512 said:

So I'm still using a Core i5 4690K which is slowly starting to fall under the scope of recommended CPU's.
Mass Effect Andromeda for recommended actually recommends a 4790.

I've got my trusty old worker OC'd to around 4 GHz on a Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 cooled by H80i GT.

I'm wondering if I should be OK for 1080p High for a while or if I should pull the trigger on the buy button once Corsair sends out my AM4 Bracket?

To be fair I'd much rather get a 4790k and overclock that than spend 400$ on a new platform which offers basically the same performance in gaming as haswell.

Just now, david cassar said:

To be fair I'd much rather get a 4790k and overclock that than spend 400$ on a new platform which offers basically the same performance in gaming as haswell.

If you're spending over $300 for the 4790k you might as well get something newer, whether it be Ryzen or one of the newer Intel processors.

Firstly, i wouldn't trust recommended specs too much. Often they're generous so a PC that's just below the specs can still run the game fine. But it's a decent indication of how optimized the game will be. 

But a 4790 will show noticeable improvements in games that will leverage more CPU power and scales nicely with the CPU. We're not sure with ME Andromeda because the game isn't out yet. 

thats more than enough for 1080p man look at my specs and i get like 70fps at 1080

Just now, theninja35 said:

If you're spending over $300 for the 4790k you might as well get something newer, whether it be Ryzen or one of the newer Intel processors.

Used market. Nowadays one should be able to find a 4790k for under 250$

1 minute ago, mrbuz said:

thats more than enough for 1080p man look at my specs and i get like 70fps at 1080

Well glad to see I don't need to worry about my sisters FX 6300, Her R9 260 on the other hand.

4 minutes ago, david cassar said:

Used market. Nowadays one should be able to find a 4790k for under 250$

I'm in the UK, A 4790K for less then $250 ain't happening.

Just now, digidude512 said:

That will spike, Plus because I'm in the Channel Islands freight charges will probably get added.

Ah I see. To be fair you might aswell stick with the i5 for a bit longer. It will still do the job at 1080p especially since it's overclocked.