Good Budget Gaming Monitor

Does anybody know a good budget gaming monitor that is 144 hz, good color contrast, 1080p, and has a very fast response time... like 1 ms? Thank you in advance for the help

Just now, Mitch Anderson said:

Does anybody know a good budget gaming monitor that is 144 hz, good color contrast, 1080p, and has a very fast response time... like 1 ms? Thank you in advance for the help

Do you have an AMD card or Nvidia card?

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Do you have an AMD card or Nvidia card?

GTX 1070

1 minute ago, Mitch Anderson said:

Probably better response time

response time doesn't matter at all

I thought that input lag was pretty important in games, especially first person shooters, is it not?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

response time doesn't matter at all

Just now, Mitch Anderson said:

I thought that input lag was pretty important in games, especially first person shooters, is it not?

7 minutes ago, Mitch Anderson said:

What exactly is your budget?

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Thanks, so you think that I should choose better color over response time?

2 minutes ago, MageTank said:

What exactly is your budget?

I want to spend $300 or less on the monitor itself

4 minutes ago, Mitch Anderson said:

I want to spend $300 or less on the monitor itself

If you'd be willing to up that budget to $390... You could get this: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-S2417DG-YNY1D-24-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B01IOO4SGK

165hz, 1ms, 1440p and G-Sync. Perfect for that GTX 1070 of yours. I have a 1070 myself, and it's very capable at 1440p. Most of the competitive games I play (such as Overwatch) hit that 160-ish FPS mark just fine. G-Sync will make anything within a 30-165 window feel super smooth as well. It is still just a TN panel, but it's a very high quality TN nonetheless. It also doesn't suffer from that horrid IPS glow that you see on the cheaper IPS monitors (and even some of the higher end AUO panels). 

It would definitely prolong your GPU lifespan thanks to G-Sync, as it makes lower framerates more tolerable. You only have to tweak the gamma settings a little, as out of the box, they are a not that great. Aside from that, no complaints from me or my buddies that have it.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

10 minutes ago, MageTank said:

If you'd be willing to up that budget to $390... You could get this: https://www.amazon.com/Dell-S2417DG-YNY1D-24-Inch-LED-Lit/dp/B01IOO4SGK

165hz, 1ms, 1440p and G-Sync. Perfect for that GTX 1070 of yours. I have a 1070 myself, and it's very capable at 1440p. Most of the competitive games I play (such as Overwatch) hit that 160-ish FPS mark just fine. G-Sync will make anything within a 30-165 window feel super smooth as well. It is still just a TN panel, but it's a very high quality TN nonetheless. It also doesn't suffer from that horrid IPS glow that you see on the cheaper IPS monitors (and even some of the higher end AUO panels). 

It would definitely prolong your GPU lifespan thanks to G-Sync, as it makes lower framerates more tolerable. You only have to tweak the gamma settings a little, as out of the box, they are a not that great. Aside from that, no complaints from me or my buddies that have it.

That definitely sounds like a great monitor, but unfortunately that wouldn't fit my budget. Eventually in the future I might get that, but I would have to try to cut prices on other aspects of the monitor, which I have already done a lot of.

16 minutes ago, MageTank said:

If I make enough money I will buy it though