Need Help With a little info

GrimReapez
Go to solution Solved by just tilt,
4 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

About 150$ And Gold if you can, watts about 650 or above if possible. Fully Modular

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/g63RsY/evga-power-supply-120g10650xr I'd get this one.

EDIT: If you want more wattage, just go for the 750. For your current rig this PSU is waaaay overkill, but if you want to sleep safe, go for it.

Hi! , i need help figureing something out , im in the need for a new power supply and currently looking at diffrent ones , EVGA , CoolerMaster, ThermalTake,

i have a RAIDMAX Horus ATX-322WB ATX Mid Tower Computer Case , but i keep finding ATX12V/ EPS12V versions , Will it still fit in my case and work properly with my Mobo/GPU?

And another thing , what do the 80 PLUS , Gold , Silver , Bronze Tags mean? , Do i need to buy a specific tag for best performance for my pc?

My Rig:

GPU = AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390

CPU = Intel I5-4590 3.30 GHz (4Cores)

PSU = 800w (Off Brand) Upgrading that soon.

RAM = 12Gb GSKILL

MotherBoard = Z87-GD65 GAMING

HardDrive = WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB , 2 Years old.

Monitor = Hp Pavilion 22bw 60Hz

And What PSU do u recommend me?

Thank you!

Budget?
Do you care about modular/non modular/semi modular?
Do you want a specific efficiency rating?

9 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

Hi! , i need help figureing something out , im in the need for a new power supply and currently looking at diffrent ones , EVGA , CoolerMaster, ThermalTake,

i have a RAIDMAX Horus ATX-322WB ATX Mid Tower Computer Case , but i keep finding ATX12V/ EPS12V versions , Will it still fit in my case and work properly with my Mobo/GPU?

And another thing , what do the 80 PLUS , Gold , Silver , Bronze Tags mean? , Do i need to buy a specific tag for best performance for my pc?

My Rig:

GPU = AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390

CPU = Intel I5-4590 3.30 GHz (4Cores)

PSU = 800w (Off Brand) Upgrading that soon.

RAM = 12Gb GSKILL

MotherBoard = Z87-GD65 GAMING

HardDrive = WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB , 2 Years old.

Monitor = Hp Pavilion 22bw 60Hz

And What PSU do u recommend me?

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure the 80+ is something to do with the quality of the power supply and the bronze gold what ever is just how efficient the PSU is, i have a corsair cx series and its done me good for the past 5 years

4 minutes ago, just tilt said:

Budget?
Do you care about modular/non modular/semi modular?
Do you want a specific efficiency rating?

About 150$ And Gold if you can, watts about 650 or above if possible. Fully Modular

4 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/g63RsY/evga-power-supply-120g10650xr I'd get this one.

EDIT: If you want more wattage, just go for the 750. For your current rig this PSU is waaaay overkill, but if you want to sleep safe, go for it.

Edited by just tilt

2 minutes ago, just tilt said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438027 do you mean this one for the 750? , and i rather sleep safe so ill pay the extra , if im wrong could u link the right one, Thanks!

16 hours ago, GrimReapez said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438027 do you mean this one for the 750? , and i rather sleep safe so ill pay the extra , if im wrong could u link the right one, Thanks!

Get the g2 version of this! Much better quality PSU

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817438017

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, just tilt said:

Yes, that's the one buddy.

NO don't go for EVGA NEX

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

NO don't go for EVGA NEX

Oh shit. Didn't even notice I linked the NEX edition.
My apologies, go for any G2 from EVGA (650/750 w unit)

On 3/5/2017 at 5:57 PM, GrimReapez said:

80 Plus is an efficiency rating system. Basically, the various levels (Bronze, Gold, Platinum, etc.) correlate with specific levels of power efficiency at 20%, 50%, and 100% load.

While its true that high-quality PSUs tend to have pretty good 80 Plus ratings, the 80 Plus rating by itself is not a reliable way to judge quality or performance. Shady PSU manufacturers can and often do lie about their products' specifications, so a really cheap PSU with a surprisingly high 80 Plus rating is something to be very wary of.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:51 AM, just tilt said:

Oh shit. Didn't even notice I linked the NEX edition.
My apologies, go for any G2 from EVGA (650/750 w unit)

Welll i fucked myself , i bought a supernova nex650G , on new egg and spent about 90$ only to find out its insufficent for my mobo , my gpu is burbning up ever since i got it , so what do i do now , i dont have the money to buy a new one , or a return policy for this thing! , i need some advice.

Newegg should allow you to RMA it

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Newegg should allow you to RMA it

I Have all the parts and stuff for it , but the down side is that for the return policy i need to include the box and the filling , the top of th ebox , (Like a idiot) forgot to take the tape off the left ledge and it torn it in half , and as for the filling , i did not need it so i threw it in the recycle bin , which was just recently cleaned , so im stuck in this point of having to resell it to the communtiy on Craiglist or ebay. i sent a msg to confirm my suspiciouns.

1 hour ago, GrimReapez said:

its insufficent for my mobo , my gpu is burbning up ever since i got it

That shouldn't be the case. Even though the G2 is better, the NEX isn't a bad unit. JonnyGuru backs up my words in this review.