Should I wait for Ryzen 5 and 3?

I'm going to buy a gaming PC in the next few months and I was pretty sure that I wanted a Core i3... until now.
While reading about Ryzen 7 I saw something about Ryzen 5 and 3, the new medium and low-end AMD processors. Many articles say that both would have a very similar performance to Intel's Core i5 and i3. My question is: Should I wait for Ryzen 5 and 3?

1 minute ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Should I wait for Ryzen 5 and 3?

You should either

• Wait for Ryzen 5/3
  • or get an i5 now

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

You should either

• Wait for Ryzen 5/3
  • or get an i5 now

4 core 8 thread is better, OP save money for a 7700k and wait for ryzen, if ryzen goes south get a 7700k. 

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

You should either

• Wait for Ryzen 5/3
  • or get an i5 now

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

4 core 8 thread is better, OP save money for a 7700k and wait for ryzen, if ryzen goes south get a 7700k. 

I can't afford a 7700K, the maximum that I could spend in a processor is U$D200. My budget is very tight and I don't think I need more than a Core i3 for 1080p gaming with a RX 470, maybe in the next few years I'll upgrade to a Core i7... Or to a Ryzen 7 if you tell me to wait and buy AMD.

2 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

I can't afford a 7700k, the maximum that I could spend in a processor is U$D200. My budget is very tight and I don't think I need more than a Core i3 for 1080p gaming with a RX 470, maybe in the next few years I'll upgrade to a Core i7... Or to a Ryzen 7 if you tell me to wait and buy AMD.

wait few a months. 

I can't afford a 7700k, the maximum that I could spend in a processor is U$D200. My budget is very tight and I don't think I need more than a Core i3 for 1080p gaming with a RX 470, maybe in the next few years I'll upgrade to a Core i7... Or to a Ryzen 7 if you tell me to wait and buy AMD.

Ryzen 7 is out of the question, because it doesn't perform well in games. Ryzen 5/3 is a safer bet ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Ryzen 7 is out of the question, because it doesn't perform well in games. Ryzen 5/3 is a safer bet ;)

it is now, but that's prob due to bios and driver issues etc, I expect it will get better, but I also expect 5/3 to be affected by the same issues

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

it is now, but that's prob due to bios and driver issues etc

It has bad performance with all motherboards, so this isn't a BIOS issue... It definitely is on the MSI one though...

16 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Okay, okay... If I buy an AM4 Motherboard I could only upgrade to Ryzen 7, but you're saying that Ryzen 7 isn't better than Intel for gaming, so what should I do?

Okay, okay... If I buy an AM4 Motherboard I could only upgrade to Ryzen 7, but you're saying that Ryzen 7 isn't better than Intel for gaming, so what should I do?

Maybe get a 7600K, so that you can buy a 7700K later on :D

38 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

How long are you willing to wait? Expect Ryzen 5 (what would probably be recommended) to arrive in the next 3 months and Ryzen 3 after June. One consideration, when comparing CPUs and price also look for motherboard price. If AM4 motherboards are cheaper, you may be able to afford a slightly more powerful CPU.

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Maybe get a 7600K, so that you can buy a 7700K later on :D

The 7600K is about 240 dollars, I can't afford that... I said that now I can't spend more than U$D200 in a processor, maybe in the next few years I'll buy a Core I7. But after watching and reading benchmarks I realized that I don't need more than a Core i3 and a RX 470 for 1080p gaming in games like GTA or Battlefield... 1080p, medium-max settings and more than 30FPS is just fine for me. I was wondering about Ryzen because I don't know if it's really worth it for upgrading in the future.

9 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

The 7600K is about 240 dollars, I can't afford that... I said that now I can't spend more than U$D200 in a processor, maybe in the next few years I'll buy a Core I7. But after watching and reading benchmarks I realized that I don't need more than a Core i3 and a RX 470 for 1080p gaming in games like GTA or Battlefield... 1080p, medium-max settings and more than 30FPS is just fine for me. I was wondering about Ryzen because I don't know if it's really worth it for upgrading in the future.

Get a Core i5-7400 then... It performs much better than an i3 in games...

12 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

core i3 for battlefield 1 ? lol

Trust people here buddy, get the i5 7400,

You will regret if you get the i3

6 minutes ago, FibonacciOne1235 said:

How long are you willing to wait? Expect Ryzen 5 (what would probably be recommended) to arrive in the next 3 months and Ryzen 3 after June. One consideration, when comparing CPUs and price also look for motherboard price. If AM4 motherboards are cheaper, you may be able to afford a slightly more powerful CPU.

In my country, the cheapest AM4 Motherboard available is a little bit more expensive than the LGA one that I'm going to buy (if I go for the Core i3). So in terms of Motherboards, Intel is more affordable. Maybe in the next few months there will be cheaper AM4 Mobos, but right now they're more expensive than LGA.

8 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Get a Core i5-7400 then... It performs much better than an i3 in games...

5 minutes ago, smokefest said:

Okay, but I'm a very basic "gamer"... it's my first PC and as I said, I don't need much more than this:

Just now, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Okay, but I'm a very basic "gamer"... it's my first PC and as I said, I don't need much more than this:

This is the single player. Single player is GPU demanding.

In multi player, its a totally different thing. Even an i5 struggle a bit in multiplayer you need an i7 for butter smooth gameplay.

Multi player is CPU HEAVY

Get an i5 though... You won't regret it..

19 minutes ago, smokefest said:

I know that getting a Core i5 makes a difference, but it's U$D50 more expensive than the i3 (U$D75 in my country). That money that I'm keeping by getting the Core i3 instead of the i5 is going to be invested in a better GPU (RX 470). If I buy a Core i5 I would have to get a GTX 1050 Ti, not a bad GPU but not better than the RX 470.

2 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

I know that getting a Core i5 makes a difference, but it's U$D50 more expensive than the i3 (U$D75 in my country). That money that I'm keeping by getting the Core i3 instead of the i5 is going to be invested in a better GPU (RX 470). If I buy a Core i5 I would have to get a GTX 1050 Ti, not a bad GPU but not better than the RX 470.

I would go with the i5 and gtx 1050 ti

Because if you want to upgrade in 1 or 2 year, ur cpu will stops you, and you will need to upgrade CPU BOARD RAM or maybe not ram xD

8 minutes ago, smokefest said:

some people don't like to follow advice xD

I do like advices, but for me getting a better processor means getting a "worse" GPU.
If you tell me that a Core i5 with a GTX 1050 Ti is better than a Core i3 with a RX 470, I would take your advice.

Just now, DaemonWarrior44 said:

I do like advices, but for me getting a better processor means getting a "worse" GPU.
If you tell me that a Core i5 with a GTX 1050 Ti is better than a Core i3 with a RX 470, I would take your advice.

Not really "better"

It depends on the game... Most games are GPU demanding, so the best gpu you have the more fps you'll get, for some cpu heavy games, the i5 with the 1050 ti will do better...

Like I said, getting a strong CPU is nice because if you want to upgrade the gpu in 1 or 2 year, ur fine.

Getting a weak cpu and strong gpu is fine because most games are GPU demanding, but when you'll want to upgrade ur gpu in 1 or 2 years per example, the cpu might not be strong enough

I would say it depends on the game.

Probably a beter gpu is the best choice for now.

10 minutes ago, smokefest said:

Not really "better"

It depends on the game... Most games are GPU demanding, so the best gpu you have the more fps you'll get, for some cpu heavy games, the i5 with the 1050 ti will do better...

Like I said, getting a strong CPU is nice because if you want to upgrade the gpu in 1 or 2 year, ur fine.

Getting a weak cpu and strong gpu is fine because most games are GPU demanding, but when you'll want to upgrade ur gpu in 1 or 2 years per example, the cpu might not be strong enough

I would say it depends on the game.

Probably a beter gpu is the best choice for now.

Well, so I have 2 options:
1- Core i5+GTX 1050 Ti
2- Core i3+RX 470
In the next 1 or 2 years, what will I have to upgrade first in both scenarios?
P.S: RAM in both scenarios for sure, because I'm going to buy 8GB.

12 minutes ago, DaemonWarrior44 said:

Well, so I have 2 options:
1- Core i5+GTX 1050 Ti
2- Core i3+RX 470
In the next 1 or 2 years, what will I have to upgrade first in both scenarios?
P.S: RAM in both scenarios for sure, because I'm going to buy 8GB.

I would pick the option 1-

Maybe you can close this post and make a new post with a  POLL , with these 2 options !!! See what most people think !!! im not perfect :P