Gigabyte GTX 650 2GB

Rubi8602

Hello guys, I hope to find some help here. I just got some used GTX 650 Gigabyte 2GB. When I connected it to my Motherboard AsRcok the fan is spinning and the display just says that it's connected but just black screen. Is it because I have PCI-E 2.0 and GTX 650 supports only 3.0 or Motherboard drivers are too old? I searched and I find that 3.0 card is compatible with 2.0 motherboard. Or just the GPU is dead?

Sorry, Newbie question :/

3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0

Doesn't it have a 6-pin power connector? If it does, did you plug the corresponding cable into it?

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

On my motherboard has 8 connectors, from my PSU has cable with 4pin and no other cable with those pins. Should I connect them directly to the GPU?

16 minutes ago, Rubi8602 said:

On my motherboard has 8 connectors, from my PSU has cable with 4pin and no other cable with those pins. Should I connect them directly to the GPU?

Look on the side of your graphics card, if there is a 6 pin or 8 pin connector you will need to get a power supply which has the required pins

The graphics card request 6 pin, so I have to buy new PSU with 6 pin to work?

Is it requsted to connect PSU to the video card to work because my old 210 wasn't. Asking because if it's not that the problem I could not back the graphics card to the owner.

Just now, Rubi8602 said:

The graphics card request 6 pin, so I have to buy new PSU with 6 pin to work?

Is it requsted to connect PSU to the video card to work because my old 210 wasn't. Asking because if it's not that the problem I could not back the graphics card to the owner.

The 210 can draw all the power it needs from the motherboard, but the 650 requires more power and needs to draw some extra from the psu.

From the PSU it's only one cable with these pins and I have to get PSU that has two cables with these pins and the one for the GPU has to be 6 pin and one with 4 pins for the motherboard or I have to connect motherboard with cable to the graphics card.

( I mean the free 4 pins on the motherboard to connect with 6 pin cable to the graphics card or just new suply directly to the graphics card )

Sorry for my english.

314yolt.jpg

There are much cables from the suply but only one is with those pins for the GPU and the motherboard. So the PSU is only supported for motherboard without card and I should by new one with two connectors?

29gg30k.jpg

You won't be able to use the 4 pin connectors for your graphics crad, since those are meant for your cpu. 

36 minutes ago, Rubi8602 said:

From the PSU it's only one cable with these pins and I have to get PSU that has two cables with these pins and the one for the GPU has to be 6 pin and one with 4 pins for the motherboard or I have to connect motherboard with cable to the graphics card.

( I mean the free 4 pins on the motherboard to connect with 6 pin cable to the graphics card or just new suply directly to the graphics card )

Sorry for my english.

314yolt.jpg

There are much cables from the suply but only one is with those pins for the GPU and the motherboard. So the PSU is only supported for motherboard without card and I should by new one with two connectors?

29gg30k.jpg

Those two large 4 slot connectors on the bottom photo are molex ports, you could buy a molex to 6 pin adapter, though I'd like to know what psu and cpu you have to make sure the system has enough wattage.

26 minutes ago, Rubi8602 said:

In the future, remember to quote people by using the little reply button under their posts so that they can see that you replied ;).

Could I have all the specifications for your PC by the way?

And if your power supply does not have a 6 pin power connector, then you need a new power supply. 

Graphics cards can have power through 6 and 8 pin power connectors. CPUs can have power through 4 or 8 pin power connectors. HOWEVER, you can't plug a CPU 8 pin power connector into a Graphics card or plug a graphics card 8 pin connector into a CPU. the shape is slightly different. I suggest you get a new power supply.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

You won't be able to use the 4 pin connectors for your graphics crad, since those are meant for your cpu. 

Those two large 4 slot connectors on the bottom photo are molex ports, you could buy a molex to 6 pin adapter, though I'd like to know what psu and cpu you have to make sure the system has enough wattage.

Though honestly if the power supply doesn't even have an 8 pin CPU connector or any pcie connectors it probably should be replaced xD 

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

Though honestly if the power supply doesn't even have an 8 pin CPU connector or any pcie connectors it probably should be replaced xD 

Yeah, that's true XD. I figured he might have some kind of dell unit with plenty of wattage, but without the proper connectors. I'm currently making a sleeper pc build with q6600 and an hd6970, but had to replace the psu due to it not having any 6/8 pin connectors even though the wattage was enough.

4 hours ago, DocSwag said:

And if your power supply does not have a 6 pin power connector, then you need a new power supply. 

4 hours ago, monjessenstein said:

Thanks for the replies. The PSU that I am using is this FSP400-60APN(85) and the CPU is Celeron G530... I think it can handle it. So is there way without upgrading to other PSU?

However the guy who sold me the graphics card told me that he will give me his power suply. So I will wait him to check what model he has and then we will see what I will do or buy 9_9.

1 hour ago, Rubi8602 said:

Thanks for the replies. The PSU that I am using is this FSP400-60APN(85) and the CPU is Celeron G530... I think it can handle it. So is there way without upgrading to other PSU?

However the guy who sold me the graphics card told me that he will give me his power suply. So I will wait him to check what model he has and then we will see what I will do or buy 9_9.

I can't find a lot of info on the quality of your power supply, but considering your power supply has a bunch of molex power connectors it would be possible to buy a molex to 6 pin pcie adapter in order to power your graphics card. So you could theoretically do that.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

I can't find a lot of info on the quality of your power supply, but considering your power supply has a bunch of molex power connectors it would be possible to buy a molex to 6 pin pcie adapter in order to power your graphics card. So you could theoretically do that.

Bro you are the best thanks for the help! I will try this one here hope they will make the deal! :)

13 hours ago, Rubi8602 said:

Bro you are the best thanks for the help! I will try this one here hope they will make the deal! :)

If you can't get your hands on that power supply the guy is saying he might give you, yeah that definitely should work :) 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 hours ago, DocSwag said:

If you can't get your hands on that power supply the guy is saying he might give you, yeah that definitely should work :) 

Yes, but no. xD When I conncet both molex then the 6 pin cable to the graphics card the PC just don't boot. It's like completly dead. Is it about the power suply again??

40 minutes ago, Rubi8602 said:

Yes, but no. xD When I conncet both molex then the 6 pin cable to the graphics card the PC just don't boot. It's like completly dead. Is it about the power suply again??

So you got the adapter and plugged your graphics card in with the adapter and now your pc doesn't turn on at all?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, DocSwag said:

So you got the adapter and plugged your graphics card in with the adapter and now your pc doesn't turn on at all?

Yeap... I just tried to turn on the PC on in integrated graphics and then plug in the 6 pin to GPU, it just dies it's like I unpluging electricity cable.

2 hours ago, Rubi8602 said:

Yeap... I just tried to turn on the PC on in integrated graphics and then plug in the 6 pin to GPU, it just dies it's like I unpluging electricity cable.

Hmmm do you have any other molex connectors on your power supply you could try using? Otherwise, I does your motherboard use an 8 pin or 4 pin CPU power connector and if it's 8 pin, do you have an 8 pin power connector plugged in there (I recall you sending a picture that had a 4 pin CPU power connector in an 8 pin CPU power connector, I'm not sure if that's yours or an example picture you found online).

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

19 hours ago, DocSwag said:

Hmmm do you have any other molex connectors on your power supply you could try using? Otherwise, I does your motherboard use an 8 pin or 4 pin CPU power connector and if it's 8 pin, do you have an 8 pin power connector plugged in there (I recall you sending a picture that had a 4 pin CPU power connector in an 8 pin CPU power connector, I'm not sure if that's yours or an example picture you found online).

I took the picture it has 8 pin connector, only 4 are plugged. Power suply output is 2 molex that I connected to 6 pin GPU and the other two cables that I don't know for what they are. So is it about that only 4 pins are connected in the 8 pin motherboard?

18 minutes ago, Rubi8602 said:

I took the picture it has 8 pin connector, only 4 are plugged. Power suply output is 2 molex that I connected to 6 pin GPU and the other two cables that I don't know for what they are. So is it about that only 4 pins are connected in the 8 pin motherboard?

That could potentially cause problems due to the CPU not getting enough power. You might want to see if you can change that, either by getting a new power supply or maybe with an adapter (not sure if those exist).

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler