Decent Laptop for under $300?

MissRiot0721
Go to solution Solved by MissRiot0721,

Damn okay what if i don't install the adobe software, what will be a good laptop to get? (no chromebooks please) I hate to say it but I miss my macbook.

That ASUS model you linked to would be about the lowest you could go.  I would recomend spending the money for an SSD with that build though.

I know SSD have faster writing speed but how would that help?

nope photoshop or anything adobe would cripple on a machine of that price and the tabs well the tabs would probably chew up the ram really easily if you have loads 

I might just upgrade the ram if i have to :P

Like the titled said I'm looking for a decent laptop for under $300. With my new work schedule I don't have time to go on my desktop so I'm looking for a decent laptop to use when I'm not at home. Here's what I need the laptop for:

• Heavy web browsing (I have a habit of opening a lot of tabs)
  • Writing papers for class 
  • Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator (I know it won't run well but I still need it)

Here's what I currently have in mind:

Toshiba Satellite C55-A5300 (CPU seems a bit slow for what I need it for tho): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/satellite-15-6-laptop-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive/1689021.p?id=1219060689174&skuId=1689021&st=laptop-20131110&cp=1&lp=2

or this ASUS Laptop I don't know the model (I need to wait inline at best buy on black Friday in order to get it for $250 otherwise it's over my budget) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultrabook-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-6gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive/2138019.p?id=1219069797466&skuId=2138019&st=+15+asus+laptop+windows+8+touch&cp=1&lp=3&ref=199&loc=aB8BeTfRgb8&siteID=aB8BeTfRgb8-xpOY82A.yZl3Y7V4Sw2_AQ

It ain't happening for that price, unless you find a friend wiling to sell on the cheap.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

There isn't much of a selection if you are looking for a laptop under $300. Usually all the laptops in that price range aren't very good at all.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

im sorry. that is impossible.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

nope photoshop or anything adobe would cripple on a machine of that price and the tabs well the tabs would probably chew up the ram really easily if you have loads 

Like the titled said I'm looking for a decent laptop for under $300. With my new work schedule I don't have time to go on my desktop so I'm looking for a decent laptop to use when I'm not at home. Here's what I need the laptop for:

• Heavy web browsing (I have a habit of opening a lot of tabs)
  • Writing papers for class 
  • Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator (I know it won't run well but I still need it)

Here's what I currently have in mind:

Toshiba Satellite C55-A5300 (CPU seems a bit slow for what I need it for tho): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/satellite-15-6-laptop-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive/1689021.p?id=1219060689174&skuId=1689021&st=laptop-20131110&cp=1&lp=2

or this ASUS Laptop I don't know the model (I need to wait inline at best buy on black Friday in order to get it for $250 otherwise it's over my budget) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ultrabook-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-6gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive/2138019.p?id=1219069797466&skuId=2138019&st=+15+asus+laptop+windows+8+touch&cp=1&lp=3&ref=199&loc=aB8BeTfRgb8&siteID=aB8BeTfRgb8-xpOY82A.yZl3Y7V4Sw2_AQ

That ASUS model you linked to would be about the lowest you could go.  I would recomend spending the money for an SSD with that build though.

Not gonna happen unfortunately, although, it MAY be possible if you find a kickass deal on Black Friday, or an auction on ebay, but it's still highly unlikely

Not gonna happen unfortunately, although, it MAY be possible if you find a kickass deal on Black Friday, or an auction on ebay, but it's still highly unlikely

I agree, Wait it out til Black Friday/Cyber Monday and you may catch a deal. $300 isn't much money for a laptop, just save it til you get to the $5-600+ range.

Spoiler

Damn okay what if i don't install the adobe software, what will be a good laptop to get? (no chromebooks please) I hate to say it but I miss my macbook.

Faster Reads and Writes, it is overall a MUCH faster system experience, best upgrade for the normal user.

Thanks for all the replies, I just bought a macbook on craigslist. A mod can close this now.