Floatplane Club iDeal payment

Hey,

I really wanna buy floatplane club and I don't have PayPal, and in holland we have a really nice and easy to use payment system (iDeal), so I thought I'd pitch the idea of adding iDeal to the payment providers :)

This could be a duplicate thread but i wouldn't be able to know since I don't have access to the FPC section of the forum :)

Links:

https://www.mollie.com/en/recurring (payment provider)

https://www.ideal.nl/en/ (official iDeal site)

Thanks,

mikat

I am also dutch, so I know ideal. It would be nice but since a few weeks ago you can put money on an Paypal acount with ideal!
So you can create a free paypal acount, not link it to a bank acount if you dont want to and just use it as a virtual pre-paid wallet.
Put money in it with iDeal and than use paypal to pay for floatplane!

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

Just now, Wyzzy Moon said:

I am also dutch, so I know ideal. It would be nice but since a few weeks ago you can put money on an Paypal acount with ideal!
So you can create a free paypal acount, not link it to a bank acount if you dont want to and just use it as a virtual pre-paid wallet.
Put money in it with iDeal and than use paypal to pay for floatplane!

You have to be over 18 to create a paypal account and you can't get the money out easily if you put too much into paypal :)

I do have paypal even though i'm under 18, but it's just annoying to transfer money from ideal to paypal :/

Just now, mikat said:

You have to be over 18 to create a paypal account and you can't get the money out easily if you put too much into paypal :)

I do have paypal even though i'm under 18, but it's just annoying to transfer money from ideal to paypal :/

Yeah I understand, I also like iDeal A LOT better than paypal, and I did not know about the 18 y/o thing... but it's probably to small of a userbase to add. dutch-problems i guess

2 minutes ago, Wyzzy Moon said:

Yeah I understand, I also like iDeal A LOT better than paypal, and I did not know about the 18 y/o thing... but it's probably to small of a userbase to add. dutch-problems i guess

problems? we're one of the few countries that has a payment system that works this well, just unlucky that the rest of the world doesn't use our genius solution :/

Shameless plug: We have a dutch talk thread, the link is in my signature, check it out :D

Just now, mikat said:

problems? we're one of the few countries that has a payment system that works this well, just unlucky that the rest of the world doesn't use our genius solution :/

haha I meant the to-smal-a-userbase problem. We have a system that work but only for dutch people...
But I agree, the world should adopt ideal

I'm for adding payment options. But adding something available only in single country isn't good pick. It could be more expensive since there wouldn't be that many users.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I'm for adding payment options. But adding something available only in single country isn't good pick. It could be more expensive since there wouldn't be that many users.

more expensive? can you elaborate?

ideal is 0,29 euro per transaction, paypal is 0,35 euro + 1,9%-3,4%

2 hours ago, mikat said:

more expensive? can you elaborate?

ideal is 0,29 euro per transaction, paypal is 0,35 euro + 1,9%-3,4%

Maybe not expensive then. Note that I haven't read more into it. But some services have minimum transactions or extra fees.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It would be nice if we could, but the development time required to make the forum compatible with a unsupported 3rd-party payment system, available only in one country, makes it unlikely to happen—especially with more pressing things on the list of TODOs.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If you are under 18, just ask your parents permission and you will be fine, an "advisor" on the PayPal forum has stated:

Under age 18, you need your parents assistance.

Also, I have had a PayPal account since I was 13 with no issues.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

2 hours ago, Blade of Grass said:

It would be nice if we could, but the development time required to make the forum compatible with a unsupported 3rd-party payment system, available only in one country, makes it unlikely to happen—especially with more pressing things on the list of TODOs.

the payment provider i linked also does credit card, bitcoin and many others, so i see your point but you should check out https://www.mollie.com/en/pricing