PC freeze, but mouse can still move...

genesicgaogaigar

My pc just had a freeze. The mouse can still move, audio(e.g. musics) still hearable. Other than that every else became unresponsive (including keyboard), and had to hard reset. What's the problem? Could it be video card driver problem again? 500 series or lower cards tend to have problems with driver verison 320.xx above, which causes random lag/stutter, bsod, and etc. But nothing like the one I had this time. This problem happens while I was browsing. My PC is only few months old.

Specs:

windows 7 64bit

120gb samsung pro ssd

2x 320gb WD HHD

16gb crucial tactical ram

intel i7 4770k

noctua nh-d14

msi mpower max motherboard

antec 620w powersupply

EVGA geforce gtx 560 ti

asus dvd drive

nvidia driver verison: 314.22

It happens with my laptop and I stoped it by running a malware and virus scan

It happens with my laptop and I stoped it by running a malware and virus scan

I tried a boot scan before with Avast, and nothing unusual. Your issue is caused by a virus?

any other possibilities that may causee this issue? My avast can't seem to catch anything suspicious 

If your mouse can move it doesn't really mean that your computer froze...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Well... the clock is froze, avast animation notifcation area icon froze, couldn't ctrl+alt+(whatever), nothing is clickable for the mouse, and keyboard is unresponsive (e.g. CAP/NUM/Scroll Lock light were froze, can't turn it on or off).

a virus is not the same as malware. keep hitting f8 during bootup. go into safemode with networking and download malwarebytes antimalware and do a quick scan.

• 1 month later...

BUMP... this shit happened again today... Twice right now.... Both happened right after I clicked and opened a youtube link.... Everything is froze, pretty much nothing is clickable. And strangely the youtube video is able to play; I can still watch the video and hear sound. I pre-set my power button to shut down the system, and tried to shut down the system normally without trying to force hard reset everytime this happens. But it does not work... Everything is froze, and I can still move my mouse (but nothing is clickable). HELP PLZ T_T

a virus is not the same as malware. keep hitting f8 during bootup. go into safemode with networking and download malwarebytes antimalware and do a quick scan.

^^^^ follow this advice.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

nothing suspicious comes up...

Any overclocks?

Any overclocks?

everything's stock, never overclock. Except the XMP profile from the ram?

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP... it happened again. Samething as before, this problem happens when I trying to watch a YouTube video using Google chrome browser. Also, my ram seems to be fine

BUMP... it happened again. Samething as before, this problem happens when I trying to watch a YouTube video using Google chrome browser. Also, my ram seems to be fine

Try some other browsers and see if it still happens.