MSI Aegis 3 review

Hey guys, I am quite new here and I just thought I could get feedback from this community. Had the Aegis 3 for a while and I have decided to review it. It is a honest review and purely my opinion. I hope I have giving a lot of information about it in case you were interested in getting it. I hope I haven't broken any rules.

Pros: 

Portable

High Performance

LEDs. We all love LEDs

SSD, Hard Drive and ram can be accessed easily

Cons:

CPU maybe a bit hard to upgrade

The MSI Aegis 3 simply amazes me when it comes to the performance of the futuristic small form factor PC. At full load the Aegis 3 CPU temperature is usually between 40 and 42 degrees and the GPU is usually between 50 and 70 degrees. The CPU is cooled by a custom air cooler that MSI have developed for the Aegis 3 and with the help of the Silent Storm Cooling technology that separates the CPU and GPU into different chambers, MSI have found a way to improve air flow in such a small case. The combination of all the technology makes the Aegis 3 a powerful and efficient PC

.FireStrike-Temp.png

I have attached a picture that shows the temperature result when I was doing a 3D Mark fire Strike test. Fire strike is a showcase direct 11 benchmark designed for high-performing PCs. It features real-time graphics rendered with detail and complexity. It is a very demanding benchmark tool and will definitely push your PC to its limits. Furthermore, the result of the Fire Strike test was rather impressive. The Aegis 3 had a score of 13 300 on Fire Strike and was amongst 83%  better than all results. The CPU was bang on 40 degrees which is fantastic for an air-cooled PC, while the GPU peaked at 70 degrees.

Long heat pipes.pngAir blower.png

Moving inside the case, the blower style air cooler as well as the long heat pipes are not what you see often compare to the normal ones we see in other PCs. This is because the Aegis 3 is really compact and to get all the tech inside the case, somethings need to be changed. The cooler pulls air directly onto the CPU with the help of vents that are all over the case and the long heat pipes are purposely designed like that to help take heat from the CPU and then dumped outside the case.

In conclusion, the MSI Aegis 3 is a fantastic high performing PC that has a well-designed chassis which helps it to be very efficient. It is very much a recommended PC to go for when looking for a powerful fancy looking PC.

More information can be found on the MSI website if your interested:

https://uk.msi.com/Landing/msi-kabylake-gaming-desktop

I also did a video about it if you are interested in that.

https://youtu.be/PgWdCt6q060