Have you Pre-Ordered Ryzen

Have you Preordered Ryzen?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Have you Preordered Ryzen?

• Yes
    • No

Hey all, new here. Haven't built a system since my phenom II 555 unlocked to quad core which is struggling to let my rx 480 push frames through, does ok, but it was time. Plus I have an NZXT h440, EVGA 850 G2, 16 gig g.skill ripjaw V 3200 waiting to go in something, so I splurged I guess. Was going to wait on the 1600X, but I just can't wait anymore. Hype train got me.... R7 1700 and Gigabyte X370 ordered.

What's with the different turbo on the 1700X and 1800X? Only a 400 mhz bump (XFR too) whereas the 1700 gets 700?

5 minutes ago, Efilnikufesin said:

Hey all, new here. Haven't built a system since my phenom II 555 unlocked to quad core which is struggling to let my rx 480 push frames through, does ok, but it was time. Plus I have an NZXT h440, EVGA 850 G2, 16 gig g.skill ripjaw V 3200 waiting to go in something, so I splurged I guess. Was going to wait on the 1600X, but I just can't wait anymore. Hype train got me.... R7 1700 and Gigabyte X370 ordered.

What's with the different turbo on the 1700X and 1800X? Only a 400 mhz bump (XFR too) whereas the 1700 gets 700?

The turbo is just like the turbo on intel where the clock speed boosts on thermal temps. XFR is supposed to be automatic overclocking past that, basically the cooler the card the more it auto overclocks.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

2 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

The turbo is just like the turbo on intel where the clock speed boosts on thermal temps. XFR is supposed to be automatic overclocking past that, basically the cooler the card the more it auto overclocks.

Just found it odd on the normal turbo specs. 1700 clocks from 3.0 to 3.7, other 2 go 3.4-3.8 and 3.6-4.0. I guess we'll see how well XFR does. Was planning on some manual oc'ing anyway, so I'm not that worried about not having it.

6 minutes ago, Efilnikufesin said:

Just found it odd on the normal turbo specs. 1700 clocks from 3.0 to 3.7, other 2 go 3.4-3.8 and 3.6-4.0. I guess we'll see how well XFR does. Was planning on some manual oc'ing anyway, so I'm not that worried about not having it.

Same

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

I'm a little adverse to pre-ordering anything. So will wait a little and read the reviews & benchmarks they get with my intended Ryzen 1700X, & Asus Crosshair VI Hero before I actually commit to actually giving anyone any money for them.

1 hour ago, PsichoSteve said:

I'm a little adverse to pre-ordering anything. So will wait a little and read the reviews & benchmarks they get with my intended Ryzen 1700X, & Asus Crosshair VI Hero before I actually commit to actually giving anyone any money for them.

I ordered the 1700x and plan on doing a full video review and posting on here, I got an enthusiast board so that way you can have "Real" Data.

15 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

I ordered the 1700x and plan on doing a full video review and posting on here, I got an enthusiast board so that way you can have "Real" Data.

What board did you get?

1 minute ago, Efilnikufesin said:

What board did you get?

Asus RGB 370. I am putting into my existing white and black build, plus I thought it would be cool to be the only person who doesn't build a red and black Ryzen build ;)

4 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

Asus RGB 370. I am putting into my existing white and black build, plus I thought it would be cool to be the only person who doesn't build a red and black Ryzen build ;)

That the one that came packaged with the cpu or is it the full Crosshair?

3 minutes ago, Efilnikufesin said:

That the one that came packaged with the cpu or is it the full Crosshair?

One suggested in bundle. I looked through bunch of options. Couldn't fine any 350 boards that suited what I wanted. Same time paying $230-$300 for just "Swag" isn't really me either, I can make it look good without it, but the board is RGB supported so If I end up switching cases, or anything else I have that flexibility.

6 minutes ago, Thinkfreely said:

One suggested in bundle. I looked through bunch of options. Couldn't fine any 350 boards that suited what I wanted. Same time paying $230-$300 for just "Swag" isn't really me either, I can make it look good without it, but the board is RGB supported so If I end up switching cases, or anything else I have that flexibility.

Opted for the Gigabyte because I couldn't see if that ASUS was going to support memory speeds past 2667.  What mem are you putting in it?