Rx 480 Strix or Gaming X?

Froody129

I have an H440 black/red with a strong black/red theme overall. The cards cost basically the same . Which card is better? I like the looks of both 

That's an F in the profile pic

7 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I have an H440 black/red with a strong black/red theme overall. The cards cost basically the same . Which card is better? I like the looks of both 

They're both really good. Looks like you want the gaming X for your theme.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

both have awesome cooling and build quality choose one that matches ur build

I bought the MSI gaming x. It is soooo quiet. Even in my little define nano. 

The Asus needs tweaking on the fan curve as it is very aggressive and a little louder. Ithe can be quiet as well. 

I just wanted something to simply plug into my system and the gaming x is a lot cheaper than the Asus here. 

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

2 hours ago, Droidbot said:

XFX GTR Black Ed. with Red fans and white strip on top

I was gonna get the GTR, but the sale on that ended and now it's much more expensive than the others

That's an F in the profile pic

3 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I was gonna get the GTR, but the sale on that ended and now it's much more expensive than the others

Then go with what most people in the thread are recommending - Looks like GamingX is the consensus. 

idk

The Asus version is ungodly expensive

it cost as much as a Zotac GTX1070

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 minute ago, dragoon20005 said:

Buh buh buh mah fancy lights

I'd rather the 1070, hands down. 

idk

14 minutes ago, dragoon20005 said:

mostly applies to us tbh, it's not that badly priced in the US.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, herman mcpootis said:

mostly applies to us tbh, it's not that badly priced in the US.

i hate the fact GPU,CPU and Mobo cost us almost 2 times the price of US

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

1 minute ago, dragoon20005 said:

i hate the fact GPU,CPU and Mobo cost us almost 2 times the price of US

actually when you do some research, we're not priced all that far away from the US.

one of the cheapest GTX 1070s, the zotac gtx 1070 is $379.49 USD, which converted to SGD becomes around $538. lazada right now sells the Palit gtx 1070 for $539 and the zotac sells for $565 on carousell BNIB.

the cheapest G4560, h110 mobo and 8gb ram from pcpartpicker is $160.85 which is $228.13 converted, the cheapest combo here is $249 according to pcthemes and carousell prices.

it's mostly the higher end MSI/Gigabyte and all Asus graphics cards that's overpriced here.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

The XFX GTR is basically the best RX 480 I've seen in benchamrks, drawing less than 100W when left at stock frequencies.

If it HAS TO BE a MSI Gaming X or Asus Strix, I've heard a ot of good things about Asus, so I'd choose that one.

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

48 minutes ago, ElZamo92 said:

The XFX GTR is basically the best RX 480 I've seen in benchamrks, drawing less than 100W when left at stock frequencies

If it HAS TO BE a MSI Gaming X or Asus Strix, I've heard a ot of good things about Asus, so I'd choose that one.

just bescause Jay got a golden sample from XFX does not mean the card is better...it just mean that the one silicon he got was better...it could have been an MSI or an ASUS golden card and you'd be praising it the same.

OP, the MSI twinfrozr cooler is outstanding, i had the GTX 1070 Gaming X in house last week and it was a PHENOMENAL card, reaching only 66c with BOTH power target and power limit sliders MAXED OUT, fully overclocked and with only 40% fan speed so the card was stupid quiet and stupid cool...i can only imagine what it could do with a smaller die like a GTX 1060 or RX 480.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR