Help! GPU Fan is not working at all

Cav3Johnson

Got a new gpu (Rx-480) and after getting drivers and everything set up, i downloaded elite dangerous, played 5 minutes, and suddenly my entire pc shutdown. This happened two more times before i went to ask some questions and the main replies were "Check your psu" and "Check your tempature." 

My psu is brand new, so no problems there but i checked my temp and noticed something strange. My rx 480 is at 80c but the fan WILL NOT RUN. Ive tried using AMD's wattman program to get the fan spinning but it isnt working. Please someone help. 

What's the brand and model of your RX480?

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

You might want to check if it's obvious there's a connector loose. What PSU are you using?

If there's no obvious problem, RMA it.

I edit my posts a lot.

2 minutes ago, Chevy_Monsenhor said:

What's the brand and model of your RX480?

powercooler red dragon

1 minute ago, MrDrWho13 said:

You might want to check if it's obvious there's a connector loose. What PSU are you using?

If there's no obvious problem, RMA it.

750w corsair, what does rma mean?

2 minutes ago, Cav3Johnson said:

powercooler red dragon

750w corsair, what does rma mean?

Return Merchandise Authorization.

means contact the manufacture and have it sent in for warranty work.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

Return Merchandise Authorization.

means contact the manufacture and have it sent in for warranty work.

that means you think the problem cant be fixed, right? 

To fix this you would probably have to disassemble the graphicscard. With that you would void your warranty. So contact the support and let them do it so you still have your warranty

7 minutes ago, Cav3Johnson said:

that means you think the problem cant be fixed, right? 

It can probably be fixed, but not very easily by the consumer. Its much easier to send it back to the factory to let them fix the problem.

21 minutes ago, killerkappi said:

To fix this you would probably have to disassemble the graphicscard. With that you would void your warranty. So contact the support and let them do it so you still have your warranty

Ok

20 minutes ago, Wrb said:

It can probably be fixed, but not very easily by the consumer. Its much easier to send it back to the factory to let them fix the problem.

Ok