Need help upgrading my PC on a budget

InjuredSmurf

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so if I am in the wrong place please let me know...

Okay, so I've noticed some significant degredation in my PC performance recently, cleaning up my hard drive seemed to help a little but the issues are still there.can anyone offer some upgrade options for someone on a very strict budget?? looking to make the upgrades in a few months with about a £500 total budget for the entire system (not sure on what that equates to in freedom points so let's say around $550 - $600)

parts I currently are (very roughly)

Kingston 8GB DDR3 RAM (2x4GB)
AMD FX 4350 quadcore processor 4.2GHz w/stock heatsink and fan
WD Caviar Blue 2TB 7200RPM 3.5" HDD
600W PSU (I think, maybe 550w)

Asrock 970 EXTREME3 R2.0 AMD Socket AM3 ATX motherboard

GeForce GTX 750 ti 2GB GDDR5

R4 Fractal design case

think that is everything

5 minutes ago, InjuredSmurf said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this so if I am in the wrong place please let me know...

Okay, so I've noticed some significant degredation in my PC performance recently, cleaning up my hard drive seemed to help a little but the issues are still there.can anyone offer some upgrade options for someone on a very strict budget?? looking to make the upgrades in a few months with about a £500 total budget for the entire system (not sure on what that equates to in freedom points so let's say around $550 - $600)

parts I currently are (very roughly)

Kingston 8GB DDR3 RAM (2x4GB)
AMD FX 4350 quadcore processor 4.2GHz w/stock heatsink and fan
WD Caviar Blue 2TB 7200RPM 3.5" HDD
600W PSU (I think, maybe 550w)

Asrock 970 EXTREME3 R2.0 AMD Socket AM3 ATX motherboard

GeForce GTX 750 ti 2GB GDDR5

R4 Fractal design case

think that is everything

mhz on RAM? you should get a better cpu and gpu and at the same time change motherboard, more power in the psu if you want to overclock. you should get a ssd for a good price, but wait for ryzen

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

wait for ryzen for cpu upgrades, i'd get a 1060. your psu seems fine. If you want to upgrade your cpu really at all you need to buy a new motherboard, but ryzen motherboards are leaked to be pretty cheap, you'll also have to buy ddr4 though.

i7 7700k OC 4.7 GHz | MSI Gaming M3 Z270 | Corsair H100i v2 | MSI 1080 Aero | Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM HDD + 256 Samsung 850 EVO SSD | Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5 EVGA 600B | Dell S2417DG 1440p 144hz, BenQ RL2455 | Corsair K70 RGB LUX | Razer Deathadder Chroma | HyperX Cloud Alpha

If you dont need it instant,  wait and see what the new cpus from amd and intel deliver. I'd get a new cpu mobo and ram and new gpu tbh. You could try to get second hand fx cpus that are better and put more on a new gpu too. Though I'd rather switch to almost complete new core components

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Thanks for the help guys, I feared I'd have to replace all core components but if that's the way it is then so be it. No entirely sure what rpm the ram is, it was cheap at purchase so I think maybe 3300?? I'm looking at going up in the world and getting a ddr4 motherboard and ram anyways but that was meant to be another 18 months or so down the line. What's the forecast on the nvidia 1000 series price drop? Say within the next 6ish months?

i would wait for ryzen for a cpu upgrade, then get a RX 480 4gb or a 1060 6gb depending on which is cheapest at the time since they have extremely similar performance

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram