Need a new case...

Stingray321

When I built my PC I had to go with quite a cheap mid-tower case. Later on down the line I've realised that I can't fit things like a 240mm radiator into it (even though it has slots for it there physically isn't enough space). Cable management is such a nightmare that I'm scared to take off the back panel in fear of never putting it back on. 

So does anyone have ideas for a case that would be suitable? I've heard the master case maker 5 Pro is pretty good, but I wanted to know if there was anything else first.

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Stingray321 said:

When I built my PC I had to go with quite a cheap mid-tower case. Later on down the line I've realised that I can't fit things like a 240mm radiator into it (even though it has slots for it there physically isn't enough space). Cable management is such a nightmare that I'm scared to take off the back panel in fear of never putting it back on. 

So does anyone have ideas for a case that would be suitable? I've heard the master case maker 5 Pro is pretty good, but I wanted to know if there was anything else first.

Thanks!

There are A LOT of cool looking Full Tower Cases out there. But first we need some details. Will you be putting this in a desk opening, on top of a desk, on top of carpet, inside a bookcase? Also what kind of case do you like, color preference, built in fan controller, built in LEDs, plastic/aluminum/steel case material, full/half/temper glass side pane?

And the most important information, the mother of all information, budgets. Location would be helpful as well.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

1 hour ago, phongle123 said:

There are A LOT of cool looking Full Tower Cases out there. But first we need some details. Will you be putting this in a desk opening, on top of a desk, on top of carpet, inside a bookcase? Also what kind of case do you like, color preference, built in fan controller, built in LEDs, plastic/aluminum/steel case material, full/half/temper glass side pane?

It will be under my desk on carpet, would prefer black. not too fussed about a fan controller or LEDs as my fans will have those. Don't really mind about material but I would like a side panel (preferably not glass because it's a real fingerprint magnet). As for budget up to about £200.

Glass isn't much better than acrylic for fingerprints, so unless you plan to regularly grope your computer glass might be worth it with a microfiber cloth.

Anyway, the mastercase 6 is coming out, h440 is ok, 400c, etc.

More specifics needed.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

Go fractal design define s, you should'nt have problems and it's rather cheap, I got mine for 69 $cad

It's a simple functionnal case with plenty of room for everything, it's aimed at people doing watercooling so tge interior is not compartmented and it's a wide case

Mine had two full side panels with noise dampening material.

1 minute ago, Howitz said:

Go fractal design define s, you should'nt have problems and it's rather cheap, I got mine for 69 $cad

I would agree with this, hits every mark that was listed, has a side panel window option, is easy to work with, multiple radiator options doesnt tkae up too much space will be super quiet and isnt breaking the bank.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

That would be a great choice, however I need an optical drive bay and that case doesn't have one unfortunately.

32 minutes ago, Stingray321 said:

That would be a great choice, however I need an optical drive bay and that case doesn't have one unfortunately.

No problem, the earlier model had that! https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352049&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620