Is it OK to cheep out on a Case?

Lsat0902

So I'm building my first PC..and I'm putting in about 1300$ worth of hardware in it..I've already bought a Deep cool tesseract ...but I'm just wondering ...Will it be OK to have a cheap case?

Sure unless your like me and care a shit ton about noise or looks

My life

4 minutes ago, Lsat0902 said:

So I'm building my first PC..and I'm putting in about 1300$ worth of hardware in it..I've already bought a Deep cool tesseract ...but I'm just wondering ...Will it be OK to have a cheap case?

Why not. As long as you don't care about the looks then there should not be any issue at all.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

8 hours ago, Lsat0902 said:

Having built in a Tesseract you'll be fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

cases have come a long way and the difference with the dirt cheap cases is the panels are thin and dent easily and they are ugly. Phanteks p400 is probably the cheapest good quality case of 2016

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

A cheap case is not a big deal, but be prepared for two things... you might have to "fight the case" to get your stuff into it... and wear gloves so that you don't cut the crap out of your hands*

hokeyWB

* it had been a VERY long time since I purchased a cheap case, sharp edges may not be an issue anymore

Whenever someone asks me for advice on a build I always suggest the cheapest (not shite) case I can. It leaves more money for the actual important parts, that really affect performance. I maybe suggest some better cases too, but I always start off with the Worst Case scenario.

45 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

cases have come a long way and the difference with the dirt cheap cases is the panels are thin and dent easily and they are ugly. Phanteks p400 is probably the cheapest good quality case of 2016

it's a lot more.

But there is also a lot of cheap shit that's sold for much money out there...

But on the other hand there are cheapish cases that are built like a tank (Aerocool QS200 and similar), though they are cheap...

But it's best if you can take a look on those cheapish Cases. And look at ebay, if you can live with some oldish ones that doesn't look that good (and is really used!) you might find a bargain...

Just look for old Server/Workstation cases you know are ATX compatible...

One of those is a Fuji-Siemens M460 Case that can be found dirt cheap sometimes (like 20-25 bucks on the door with most necessary things)

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"