NEED HELP!!! Updating a old pc and making it future proof a little lol

hey can someone help me im trying to update a old pc that my uncle gave me because he somehow knew that i was trying to get into pc gaming & im over paying 15 a month just for xbox live for all that i can play pc games and buy a new game every 4 months with the money i will be saving, i have a 650 watt 80 bronze+ rosewill power supply, 1 tb hdd, Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti, DG45ID motherboard, Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E6300  @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz, and 4 gigs of ram i was on a forum yesterday and everyone told me i should just get a new motherboard, cpu, and gpu and ram, and gave me a bunch of helpful ideas but i been watching the old LTT videos and i still dont know what i should get and so now im stuck, and im really new to pc gaming, i have around 400 to spend but would like a few extra dollars left so i can get a new keyboard. at the moment i have a very shitty keyboard from Walgreen's i payed like 5 bucks for it, and would like to upgrade to a mechanical with some back light so i can play in the dark since i live with my grandparents lol, please help and thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Damnkid said:

hey can someone help me im trying to update a old pc that my uncle gave me because he somehow knew that i was trying to get into pc gaming & im over paying 15 a month just for xbox live for all that i can play pc games and buy a new game every 4 months with the money i will be saving, i have a 650 watt 80 bronze+ rosewill power supply, 1 tb hdd, Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti, DG45ID motherboard, Pentium(R) Dual-Core  CPU      E6300  @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz, and 4 gigs of ram i was on a forum yesterday and everyone told me i should just get a new motherboard, cpu, and gpu and ram, and gave me a bunch of helpful ideas but i been watching the old LTT videos and i still dont know what i should get and so now im stuck, and im really new to pc gaming, i have around 400 to spend but would like a few extra dollars left so i can get a new keyboard. at the moment i have a very shitty keyboard from Walgreen's i payed like 5 bucks for it, and would like to upgrade to a mechanical with some back light so i can play in the dark since i live with my grandparents lol, please help and thanks in advance.

Yes, you should change your MOBO, CPU and ram. If you budget is not enough for the GPU, then hold on to your current GPU 1st. You can always start saving again for the new GPU, You can actually use back your PC casing as well as the PSU.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

A good mother board and cpu,strong base to start a nice pc and slowly upgrade down the line 

I would start with the CPU board and RAM first. The GPU while old, will still serve you well as you're just starting to get into PC gaming. It's not something I would say you need to throw into the trash immediately. As for the mechanical keyboard, you may or may not slip on under the budget.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I would start with the CPU board and RAM first. The GPU while old, will still serve you well as you're just starting to get into PC gaming. It's not something I would say you need to throw into the trash immediately. As for the mechanical keyboard, you may or may not slip on under the budget.

well im having trouble playing csgo, for 1 i cant get past  a game loading screen, i can omly play very shitty games and i would like to play decent games like gta or overwatch and games like that and when i start up my computer on the intel loading screen where i can press f11 and stuff theres some red like hieroglyphs on the top and everyonce in a while when i start m computer my display changes from like 1080 to some weird tall screen resolution

2 minutes ago, Damnkid said:

well im having trouble playing csgo, for 1 i cant get past  a game loading screen, i can omly play very shitty games and i would like to play decent games like gta or overwatch and games like that and when i start up my computer on the intel loading screen where i can press f11 and stuff theres some red like hieroglyphs on the top and everyonce in a while when i start m computer my display changes from like 1080 to some weird tall screen resolution

Seriously. Please use punctuation! This hurts to read!

1 minute ago, Damnkid said:

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

6 minutes ago, TechyAlex said:

Seriously. Please use punctuation! This hurts to read!

yo bro if you don't have anything nice to say dont say nothing at all.

Performance boosts based on  userbenchmark

Note:not sure if your mobo is a standard form factor, so working under the assumption that it can't be replaced.

Cpu: q9550 +60% for ~$50 on ebay

Cooler: alot of lga 775 pcs are thin dells so I choose a low profile cooler, if you have a normal sized case go for something bigger, but:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QJI75AA/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486693414&sr=8-2&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=low+profile+cpu+cooler+lga+775

Gpu:Gtx 1050ti +85% for ~$150 on amazon

Ram:8gb ddr2 (or 4gb if you have an extra slot) $15-$30 on ebay

Total: $230-$300, plenty for a new keyboard and maybe an ssd.

yeah, just upgrade your cpu+mobo+ram and gpu, not really worth it to stick to lga 775 at this point. i'd recommend this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($64.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz) try to find out if the bios supports kabylake.
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($50.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 8GB Red Devil Video Card  ($223.98 @ Newegg) $200 after rebates.
Total: $386.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-09 21:30 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

5 minutes ago, EminentSun said:

Performance boosts based on  userbenchmark

Note:not sure if your mobo is a standard form factor, so working under the assumption that it can't be replaced.

Cpu: q9550 +60% for ~$50 on ebay

Cooler: alot of lga 775 pcs are thin dells so I choose a low profile cooler, if you have a normal sized case go for something bigger, but:https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QJI75AA/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486693414&sr=8-2&pi=SL75_QL70&keywords=low+profile+cpu+cooler+lga+775

Gpu:Gtx 1050ti +85% for ~$150 on amazon

Ram:8gb ddr2 (or 4gb if you have an extra slot) $15-$30 on ebay

Total: $230-$300, plenty for a new keyboard and maybe an ssd.

i wouldnt mind getting a new mobo  and stuff i jus wanna be able to play games at a decent setting 

6 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

yeah, just upgrade your cpu+mobo+ram and gpu, not really worth it to upgrade those at this point. i'd recommend this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($64.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock H110M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($46.99 @ SuperBiiz) try to find out if the bios supports kabylake.
Memory: Team Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($50.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 8GB Red Devil Video Card  ($223.98 @ Newegg) $200 after rebates.
Total: $386.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-09 21:30 EST-0500

its not worth upgrading what?

its not worth upgrading what?

the cpu.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

3 minutes ago, herman mcpootis said:

the cpu.

and ill be able to run good games

12 minutes ago, Damnkid said:

yo bro if you don't have anything nice to say dont say nothing at all.

Okay. I won't say nothing :) (because that's a double negative)

and ill be able to run good games

the pentium and 480 will be able to play games at high-ultra 1080p.