2 Years of GTA at 60FPS Ultra; now down to 30fps?

Flashie

Im an Avid GTA player. Its pretty much all i play.

I built me a Gaming PC little more than 2 years ago with the purpose to blast games max without problems.

Eventually a year later i came into a bit of a problemGTA had absolutely terrible frame drops; But the game still maintained its high 60FPS gameplay; just with a few dips.

GTA being the main thing i play and me not standing for this junk anymore, went out and bought another 8GB of DDR3 1866MHz DIMMs after trying everything.

It fixed the dips.

Now a week ago i launched GTA after having no problems and running my game with no issue at 60FPS ultra; And hopped into Storymode and was greeted to a horrific 48 frames.

Getting outside brought me down to 29 with a high of 39fps.

I havnt changed any of the graphics settings since finding a great 60-fps ultra setting (in linked thread). 

Even attempted to turn textures from ultra down to high which had little to no effect. Still 30fps

Specs:

Case: 
                                              Antec GX300 Black Windowed Case
     Power Supply 
                                              Antec Edge 750W Fully-Modular 80+ Gold PSU
     CPU 
                                              Intel i7-4790K (4GHz)
     Motherboard 
                                              MSI Z87-G43 Gaming Mobo
     Memory 
                                              16GB DDR3 1866MHz (x2 8GB 1866 MHz HyperX Fury)
                                                                               (x2 8GB 1866 MHz Crucial Tracer)
     Graphics card 
                                               MSI GeForce GTX 970 Armour (4GB GDDR5 V-RAM)
     Storage 
                                               ~6.3TB Storage (240GB - SSD's; 6TB - HDD's)

Please help D:::::::

@Flashie Have you downloaded any texture mods? The GTX 970 does have 4GB of VRAM, its just that 3.5GB of it is running at full speed, while the remaining 500MB is on the slower side. So, if you did add in any extra textures, this may be the problem. :) 

My Daily Driver:

Acer Predator Helios 300
»« Intel Core i5-8300H »« 16GB DDR4 RAM »« NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB »« Silicon Power A60 512 GB M.2 SSD »« 
Toshiba PC L200 1 TB HDD »« Microsoft Windows 10 Home »«

Check the BIOS and make sure your CPU is being properly detected - correct frequency, number of cores, voltage, etc. (Simplest thing to do is to "reset" the CMOS or "Load Defaults".)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

2 hours ago, Freezanator said:

@Flashie Have you downloaded any texture mods? The GTX 970 does have 4GB of VRAM, its just that 3.5GB of it is running at full speed, while the remaining 500MB is on the slower side. So, if you did add in any extra textures, this may be the problem. :) 

Game is pure vanilla. Have never modded it nor had anything hook into it