Another Operating system quietly dies - Solaris.

Rohime
On 2/5/2017 at 6:41 PM, leadeater said:

Or maybe Java is like Skynet. It's everywhere and controls tons of things, if it turned evil we would be screwed.

Except it is incredibly vulnerable. So, its like that well-meaning but easily confused office worker, who thinks they are doing good work, but really being used to destroy their company? IDK, bad analogy.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

or just learn C++ and not Java from the start and you'll never want to try Java :P 

Until you get to industry where the old guard is too set in its ways...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

17 minutes ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

Except it is incredibly vulnerable. So, its like that well-meaning but easily confused office worker, who thinks they are doing good work, but really being used to destroy their company? IDK, bad analogy.

So basically "Sharron" from Accounting could accidentally destroy SkyNet by opening the wrong email? Man... John Connor has been going about this all wrong!

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 2/5/2017 at 6:38 PM, DeadEyePsycho said:

The issue with Oracle is that they only care about short term profit and ignore the long term.

that's also an issue with their employment..... as someone who interviewed with them and have friends who work there. 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

41 minutes ago, patrickjp93 said:

Until you get to industry where the old guard is too set in its ways...

I'll still keep C++, and self-learn on C# and some others.

Spoiler

Primary PC - Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 w/ 8GB RAM and HDD to SSD upgrades - Multi-Purpose / Light Gaming Laptop

Aurelia Null Box - Custom Gamer-Developer Hybrid Desktop PC: Link Below (Intel Core i7 6700, RX 480)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

So basically "Sharron" from Accounting could accidentally destroy SkyNet by opening the wrong email? Man... John Connor has been going about this all wrong!

The only thing better than a bad analogy is someone intentionally misinterpreting said bad analogy in a hilarious way. Thanks man! Made me laugh so hard!

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!