AMD Ryzen - AOTS benchmarks have been leaked out

Go to solution Solved by DrMikeNZ,
1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

People don't even play Ashes of the Singularity, why the hell does this game still matter?

That's a bit unfair. Some people play it. There are at least 11 people playing it now.

AMD Ryzen - Leaked Ashes Of The Singularity Benchmarks at 4.0GHz

When it comes to benchmarks of benchmarks of the Ryzen CPU's, we have been seeing quite a few of then, the one sketchier than the other.

Recently a user by the quite ironical name of "AMD_FanBoy", posted some AOTS benchmarks featuring: Yes! A Ryzen CPU! (what else, right!?)

According to wccftech they were posted to the AOTS database, but quickly removed. Luckely for us, someone managed to screenshot it in time!

Spoiler

Ashes of the singularity benchmarks of a Ryzen sample clocked at 3.6 GHz and 4.0 GHz turbo were recently posted on the AotS database. As usual, they were also quickly pulled but not before some vigilant internet users managed to save a screen grab of the benchmark.

According to this benchmark we are dealing with an 8 core / 16 treaths variant of the Ryzen lineup. If you look at the CPU's suffix in the benchmark we can also see it sais "40/36" which would indicate the CPU is running at a 3.6GHz base and $.0 GHz boost clock as also stated by wccftech in their article.

As fot the Benchmark itself, it was ran on "Crazy [4K]" and the settings as shown in the picture below.

What's interesting however is that the GPU used here is an NVidia Titan X and not an AMD card. While we can ofcourse never been 100% sure, this means there is a good chance these benchmarks came from a thirth party, possibly a reviewer or AIB. Yes, this could aslo be a play from AMD and we will probably never know for certain, but it is a nice lead and on top of that I really hope AMD doesn't name themselfs "AMD_FanBoy" on the webs (but hey who knows :P).

Spoiler

The GPU used was a TITAN-X so this leak does not stem from AMD labs, rather some third party – probably a reviewer or even an AIB. Lastly, the sample is clocked at 3.6GHz/4GHz as can be  seen from the suffix at the end and has very impressive performance in the 4K preset.

AMD-Ryzen-3.6-GHz-4-GHz-benchamrk.jpg

Now These benchmarks look prety decent, right?! 

Well when I saw this on wccftech I was REALLY interested to see how this would compare to some CPU's from Intel's lineup, and so I set out for an epic journey across Google to find some AOTS benchmarks!

This proved slightly more difficult than I hoped, since most AOTS benchmarks on the Intel CPU's were in 1080 which is very understandable. After a good while though I stumbled across what might be the closest comparrison we could get our hands on. It uses the same card (a Titan X),  was done on "Crazy [4K]" with almost identical settings. The only exception is that "Half-resolution terrain" was enabled unlike in the Ryzen benchmark.

For comparisson I got you guys the benchmarks on the I7 69050 and then for the more game oriented users I also got the 6700K and what it showed kinda supprised me!

Sadly I couldnt find $K AOT benchmarks for The 6900k or the 7700k, so if anyone finds them, feel free to link them!

(The Intel benchmarks were taken from overclockers.ua)

6950x:

119681-6950X_AOTS.png

6700k:

119681-6700K_AOTS.png

As you can see from the benchmarks, the 8 Core/16 Treath Ryzen CPU Is holding it's own against Intels 10 core hyperthreaded 6950x. As a matter of fact it is outpreforming this $1500+ CPU (be it barely).

Now ofcourse the 6950x is not really a CPU you would get for your next gaming rig, because of its price but mainly also because that is not the main market its aimed at.

Still, I thought it was quite a fun fact to mention and with the lack of 6900k benchmarks I thought I'd throw it in here to at least show some comparison to an Intel CPU with a higher core count.

Then comes the comparison that I found most interesting and other gamers along with me probably do too: The Ryzen vs the 6700k!

Now if we take a look at the graph below we can see the lineup of Ryzen CPU's that leaked out recently, this specific shot taken from Hardwareinfo.

So, What we know is we are dealing with an 8 core/16treath Ryzen CPU. The benchmarked one is Clocked at 4GHz boost speed.

Well as we can see there is not 1 CPU running 4GHz so it's most likely an overlock, leaving us with the cores and treaths to narrow down the possible CPU's.

This means it could be any one starting from the AMD R7 PRO 1700 upto the R7 1800X and according to this that means its ment to compete with at least the 7700 (non k!) and at most the 6900k!

But wait? What is this benchmark? The Ryzen CPU we see here is being outpreformed by the 6700k. And looking at the suffix it's running a 4.0GHZ, that is factory clock speeds for the intel vs an OC for the Ryzen!

So here we can see that the 6700k is winning with anything a 16.1 all the way upto a 40.9 FPS!

Now sure, the Ryzen is running without half resolution terrain on and that could possibly close the gap a little, but that gap is quite significant. On top of that we are comparing a 6700k here and not even the newer 7700k which is one of the CPU's its supposed to compete with according to AMD.

epMM2r1.png

To conclude all this I do want to point out that noone can ever be 100% sure about the origin of these images and therefor we can not guarantee that this is how the Ryzen lineup will preform on release. There have been many benchmarks that have been leaked over the past while and some of those show the ryzen CPU's beating the 7700k without too much efford. However I personally find these benchmark quite confincing, partially because of their origin likely not being at AMD themselves as is also mentioned by wccftech on their article.

I am curious to see what benchmarks await us once these chips travel to reviewers all over the world for official release and I certainly hope that I'm on the wrong end when I'm thinking AMD may have once again marketed their hardware higher than what it can actually reached. And yes that opinion is partially based of these benchmark but also of past experiences with AMD, so dont weight them too strongly.

What do you guys think of this? Do you think these are legit, or do you think they are flawed and AMD will finally bringus something as strong as they keep telling us it is? Regardless these benchmarks show that you can deffinately get away with running 4K games using the Ryzen CPU even if its being beaten by the 6700k, so at the very least if these are legit we are getting a gaming capable CPU out of AMD this year regardless of wether they were telling us the truth or not!

Sources:

http://wccftech.com/amd-ashes-ryzen-4-0-ghz-benchmarks/

https://www.overclockers.ua/news/hardware/2017-02-03/119681/

https://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/50984/volledige-line-up-amd-ryzen-processors-lekt-uit-topmodel-heet-ryzen-r7-1800x

Hmm interesting 

CPU: I7-6700k @ 4.7ghz Memery: 16GB HyperX DDR4 GPU: GTX TITAN X OC MotherBoard: Gigabyte Z170A Gaming 6 SSD: 1-Kingston 120Gb    1-PNY 240GB HDD: 1-WD 1T, 1-Seagate 750GB CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i GTX PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: Corsair 760T White Edition

FYI wccftech has a long history of posting bullshit "news"

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, redbaron28 said:

Hmm interesting 

That was what I was thinking. A lot of benchmarks ive personally seen have been sketchy AF, often with name smissing on images or versions of the intel cpu's and their speeds not being properly labled plus with no way to track their origing (unless they came from amd in which case i dont trust it a lot anyway).

This might be one of the most interesting benchmarks i have personally layed eyes on. Not that ive seen every singe one of them.

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

FYI wccftech has a long history of posting bullshit "news"

they link it to some page in like japanese or something. That being said it could be false i did say that, I mean how many of the benchmarks we see for ryzen can we REALLY trust to start with?

1 minute ago, JAKEBAB said:

Not unusual for it to be an Nvidia gpu they've done it before. Titan x is the fastest gpu atm.

It could be AMD's, but I dont know why they would let it anywhere near the internet seeing it gets beaten by the 6700k and i'm assuming they tested that. If it is amd's that would explain why they took it down so quickly.

That second SS is a 6700K. BUUUULLLLLSHIT.

Edit: Still not seeing any AOTS Ryzen SS.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

That second SS is a 6700K. BUUUULLLLLSHIT.

no shit sherlock, of course it is. did you read the post?

2 minutes ago, AmazingRez97 said:

well if the price is right i'll buy one

Oh yea sure! If the pricing is more competitive than the preformance in these benchmarks this could still be a baller CPU. I mean the benchmark score were deffinately not bad! Just not in accordance to AMD's statements, thats all.

15 minutes ago, MadOlive said:

What's interesting however is that the GPU used here is an NVidia Titan X and not an AMD card. While we can ofcourse never been 100% sure, this means there is a good chance these benchmarks came from a thirth party,

well they use titans at their ces booth in the ryzen machines...

2 minutes ago, MotherbordEater11 said:

well they use titans at their ces booth in the ryzen machines...

Fair enough, I havent really followed CES this year sadly, got some catching up to do. But I took that mostly of wccftech as you can see in the quote below it. Regardless, I would be more bothered by the possibility of it being AMD's if it had beaten the 6700k than I am with these results.

13 minutes ago, MadOlive said:

Sadly I couldnt find $K AOT benchmarks for The 6900k or the 7700k, so if anyone finds them, feel free to link them!

I only have a GTX1080, but I can run the benchmark on my 6900K. AotS has a CPU focused benchmark, which is strange that no one has used it to compare CPUs and uses the GPU focused benchmark instead.

2 minutes ago, DrMikeNZ said:

I only have a GTX1080, but I can run the benchmark on my 6900K. AotS has a CPU focused benchmark, which is strange that no one has used it to compare CPUs and uses the GPU focused benchmark instead.

I mean I dont know how your 1080 would influence the benchmarks, but if the benchmarks are even similar or maybe higher than the ryzen's cpu i think it would be safe to say it would do so too with a titan. I mean correct me if i'm wrong ocourse!

@MadOlive

Might want to put up a source that isn't WCCFTech, they don't have any SS in relation to the benchmarks, unlike other sites.

And the i7 6700K flogs the crap out of the "Ryzen 8 core" in AOTS BTW.

PMSL

11 minutes ago, MadOlive said:

I mean I dont know how your 1080 would influence the benchmarks, but if the benchmarks are even similar or maybe higher than the ryzen's cpu i think it would be safe to say it would do so too with a titan. I mean correct me if i'm wrong ocourse!

I would expect the GPU frames to be lower obviously, but the CPU frames should be able to be compared to some extent.

170205_AoTS_benchmark-4K-Crazy.jpg

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

I would expect the GPU frames to be lower obviously, but the CPU frames should be able to be compared to some extent.

170205_AoTS_benchmark-4K-Crazy.jpg

TL;DR 10 core "ryzen" Got rekt by your 6900K.

PMSL

18 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

8 core ryzen but yes. also wccftech was my source and it has the image on there from the ryzen benchmark. I did state explicitly that the intel benchmarks were taken from elsewhere

Seems sketchy as hell. It's running an old version of AotS with odd settings.

We've seen Ryzen run BF1 smoothly and there is of course also the unreliable Blender benchmark.

I need to see some more reliable benchmarks with a 1:1 comparison. Too many variables otherwise.

1 minute ago, Trixanity said:

Seems sketchy as hell. It's running an old version of AotS with odd settings.

We've seen Ryzen run BF1 smoothly and there is of course also the unreliable Blender benchmark.

I need to see some more reliable benchmarks with a 1:1 comparison. Too many variables otherwise.

True, I'm not gonna set my oppinion on ryzen in stone untill i see some trusted youtubers or bloggers review and benchmark them head on with intel cpu's. I dont fully trust any of the benchmarks that get sent out to us before even the sources we trust have acces to the product. In the end of the day, if we can get our hands on them yet, it's all down to speculation and sketchy pictures.

9 minutes ago, MadOlive said:

8 core ryzen but yes. also wccftech was my source and it has the image on there from the ryzen benchmark. I did state explicitly that the intel benchmarks were taken from elsewhere

It no longer has the image-only what appears to be AMD Ryzen slides.

PMSL

7 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

The 10 core was the Intel 6950X, I would have expected it to do at least 120 fps in normal batches and 100 fps average closer to the 6700k results, something is funny with those results too. The Ryzen was the 8 Core 16 thread at the top which was run at a resolution of "0x0". (This is a common issue caused by alt-tabbing etc while the benchmark is running).

A couple of the settings in the Ryzen benchmark deviate from the Crazy default (Terrain shading samples, and half-resolution terrain). I cannot replicate these settings at this time (settings.ini edits aren't working, and those values are not configurable in the game options).

ITS FAAAAAAKE 

ffs isnt AMD_FANBOY the ultimate giveaway? 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Space Reptile said:

ITS FAAAAAAKE 

ffs isnt AMD_FANBOY the ultimate giveaway? 

Yeah it could be, but it could also not be. We wil know once they are released to revieuwers worldwide.

9 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

It no longer has the image-only what appears to be AMD Ryzen slides.

??? what? if i go there it still has the benchmark image for me.