Corsair PSU release cycle?

bloodypinata

Has anyone got any idea if there is a pattern to corsair launching PSUs? I'm looking to get a new one and I'm wondering if its a good time to drop cash on a RM750i

Thanks

Jarvis - CPU: Intel Core i7 870 @ 4Ghz Motherboard: MSI P55 GD65 RAM: 8GB HyperX fury

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 250GB  & wd black 500GB PSU: Corsair TX650 Cooler: be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 + cooler master silencio FP120

I bought the corsair RM650X for my newest build specifically for the skylake low power consumption feature. Id suspect there to be some odd power requirement for kabylake so id start looking around.. then again I do not believe there was anything shown off at CES from corsair regarding a new PSU. 

The difference between the X and the I, is that the I has corsair link which i personally hate.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

31 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

The difference between the X and the I, is that the I has corsair link which i personally hate.

The RMi series also has a much nicer, much quieter fan.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 hour ago, bloodypinata said:

Has anyone got any idea if there is a pattern to corsair launching PSUs? I'm looking to get a new one and I'm wondering if its a good time to drop cash on a RM750i

Thanks

i feel that generally new psu's dont come out that offten and when they do there really isnt much different just maybe a higher rating or something like that.  also the rm750i is an excellent psu.  put it in my friends build and i was gonna go for it but i got the evga 750p2 for cheaper so yea

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

Thanks folks

Jarvis - CPU: Intel Core i7 870 @ 4Ghz Motherboard: MSI P55 GD65 RAM: 8GB HyperX fury

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Case: Cooler Master Elite 330 Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 250GB  & wd black 500GB PSU: Corsair TX650 Cooler: be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 + cooler master silencio FP120

16 hours ago, bloodypinata said:

Thanks

The RM750i will be good for years and years to come. Just buy it and don't worry about Corsair's release cycles. The RMi is like a year old.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

8 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The RM750i will be good for years and years to come. Just buy it and don't worry about Corsair's release cycles. The RMi is like a year old.

Thanks so much for the advice