Do I need to buy more sata cables?

Chaicho

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mNmkzM

I ordered this build and since it's mt first im kinda clueless when it comes to the sata cables. I see that my motherboard came with 2 sata cables( slightly different) and the hdd didn't come with anything.

I haven't received the ssd yet but now that im seeing that the hdd comes with 2 and i know that it needs a sata power cable and data cable I'm worrying I wont have enough cables.

Does the psu(that I haven't received yet) come with the sata power cables?

2 minutes ago, Chaicho said:

I ordered this build and since it's mt first im kinda clueless when it comes to the sata cables. I see that my motherboard came with 2 sata cables( slightly different) and the hdd didn't come with anything.

I haven't received the ssd yet but now that im seeing that the hdd comes with 2 and i know that it needs a sata power cable and data cable I'm worrying I wont have enough cables.

it should - unless for some disturbing reason they only include mobo and gpu power cables

Yeah even lower end PSUs come with enough SATA power connectors for like eight drives.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

1 hour ago, Rangaman42 said:

Yeah even lower end PSUs come with enough SATA power connectors for like eight drives.

Awesome

1 hour ago, Chaicho said:

I ordered this build and since it's mt first im kinda clueless when it comes to the sata cables. I see that my motherboard came with 2 sata cables

--SNIP--

Your PSU will have at minimum 4 SATA power connectors. Any PSU that doesn't in 2017 is either a) poor quality, or b) a complete ripoff.

As for your montherboard only coming with 2 SATA data cables, I had the same experience in ordering my ~$200 CAD motherboard. When I opened the box, my immediate thought was "What in tarnation!? I paid $200 for this motherboard and I only get two measly SATA cables? HOLY CHEAP BALLS!" Cost cutting measures are at an all time high.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

42 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Your PSU will have at minimum 4 SATA power connectors. Any PSU that doesn't in 2017 is either a) poor quality, or b) a complete ripoff.

As for your montherboard only coming with 2 SATA data cables, I had the same experience in ordering my ~$200 CAD motherboard. When I opened the box, my immediate thought was "What in tarnation!? I paid $200 for this motherboard and I only get two measly SATA cables? HOLY CHEAP BALLS!" Cost cutting measures are at an all time high.

Oh well mine only cost me 50 bux and 2 is all I need now for my ssd and hdd