frozen Laptop

manyfacts
Go to solution Solved by knightslugger,
4 minutes ago, manyfacts said:

no is that ok to use to back up its cheap 

or do i need a regular HD

I would not use that as a backup because it is detachable. history shows that if it is not attached to the computer 24/7 in someway shape or form, it will be detached and will not receive daily backups, will steadily grow out of date, and the user will forget to plug it in to backup, disaster will strike and they will be like, aww naw, i haven't back'd-up in like forever...

But it will do the trick to get the files off your machine and at least for now play host to your backups.

Hello, recently my computer froze and when I turn it on the desktop item turned white and nothing in the task bar has nothing. It  was working fine and then i left turned it off came back turn it on then this happen. sometime the mouse pointer would appear but sometimes it would  disappear  i contacted the manufacture to fix the problem but they told to send it in for repair . and try to reset the computer with keep my file but will it delete my download folder? i know it it will delete my app but my question is this any one know who can help me? also it lags behind or freezes for 5 min + last thing i downloaded was a Nvdia driver from the geforce experience

here what it look like

https://youtu.be/1J2_OmL3qVM

https://youtu.be/annQ8MbN1JA

20170129_232115.jpg

20170129_232738.jpg

Posts like these are why we cannot have nice things.

Unless this isn't a joke.

Computers r fun

I'm assuming that it's still under warranty?
If the manufacturer will fix it under warranty, I'd say let them.  Not because I don't have an idea of how to fix, I'm just to lazy to be bothered, especially if I have a warranty that'll do it for me. 

If it's not under warranty and you'll be charged, try the reset.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

6 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

Posts like these are why we cannot have nice things.

Unless this isn't a joke.

Dude I'm nervous man I have everything on that laptop all my videos all my homeworks ,although thanks for the feedback ill fix it.

Dude I'm nervous man I have everything on that laptop all my videos all my homeworks ,although thanks for the feedback ill fix it.

I suggest you back it up, and/or start using cloud storage. Others will argue its not "Secure" or other things as such, but for your use case it can make a lot of sense. For 10 USD a month Microsoft gives you 1tb online storage and the full office suite. Then you won't have to worry about your data being in jeopardy.

Computers r fun

1 minute ago, manyfacts said:

Also, you can use the EDIT feature on your posts rather than creating a new one to change something. Welcome to forum. Sorry for being so aggressive.

Computers r fun

7 minutes ago, MimigaKing said:

Looks like a defective hard drive to me

things failing to load, random freezes/stuttering. yep, this does point towards a failing drive. i would look into migrating my important data into some cloud ASAP

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

things failing to load, random freezes/stuttering. yep, this does point towards a failing drive. i would look into migrating my important data into some cloud ASAP

should i turn it off or leave it on?

should i turn it off or leave it on?

How many GB of data is on the drive? Turn it off until you have the ability to get the data off it.

Computers r fun

Just now, TheNuzziNuzz said:

How many GB of data is on the drive? Turn it off until you have the ability to get the data off it.

1TB

1TB

How much of it has data on it?

Computers r fun

3 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

How much of it has data on it?

around 500

around 500

Get a 500gb thumbdrive? How old is the laptop?

Computers r fun

4 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

its an asus gl502vt i got on may of last year(2016)

when it just came out

a physical drive will be the best route to back up data that may be time sensitive. backing it up on MS will be much more time consuming, and when seconds are precious, speed is your friend.

get to it.

also, you MUST find a way to keep an automatic back-up copy of your data somewhere. you are asking for absolute disaster by having it all in one place.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

5 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

a physical drive will be the best route to back up data that may be time sensitive. backing it up on MS will be much more time consuming, and when seconds are precious, speed is your friend.

get to it.

also, you MUST find a way to keep an automatic back-up copy of your data somewhere. you are asking for absolute disaster by having it all in one place.

19 minutes ago, TheNuzziNuzz said:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/seagate-backup-plus-slim-1tb-external-usb-3-0-2-0-portable-hard-drive-black/3138005.p?skuId=3138005 is this ok?

2 minutes ago, manyfacts said:

That'll be fine for now. you should get a better backup solution down the road, maybe something attached to your network.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

That'll be fine for now. you should get a better backup solution down the road, maybe something attached to your network.

I would not use that as a backup because it is detachable. history shows that if it is not attached to the computer 24/7 in someway shape or form, it will be detached and will not receive daily backups, will steadily grow out of date, and the user will forget to plug it in to backup, disaster will strike and they will be like, aww naw, i haven't back'd-up in like forever...

But it will do the trick to get the files off your machine and at least for now play host to your backups.

System specs:

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

it mostly for the meanwhile  till i send it back to the manufacture to fix it and if they do need replace the drive  well i will have a back up back it up

10 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

oh i see oops the lasts reply was quite my bad