I got tired of my 30 dollar case not having a window...

Okjoek

So I took my case lid and cut a hole in it with the Dremel, used my glass cutter on some old panes that were stored away then I gorilla glued them together. Made a bit of a mess with the glue, but my case feels like it just doubled in price. ^_^

Without case lid (and before cleaning)

Spoiler

XPCEplv.jpg

after cleaning and DIY window job

Spoiler

tty5a21.jpg

(sorry about the glare of my desk on the glass)

For my first time using Gorilla glue and only my second time both cutting glass and cutting metal with a dremel I think it could have come out a lot worse. I don't plan on ever using an ATX motherboard again so I'll probably end up handing this case down to one of my brothers and not cheap out on my case when I am able to upgrade. I am going to probably sand/scrape off more of the gorilla glue, I honestly didn't realize it would expand that far.

Also this was my first time cleaning out this computer with compressed air so yeah this update is a lot of firsts for me.

My only dilemma now is how to light it up a bit better. Should I get an LED strip or replace the fans with LED ones? 

That looks great. But maybe you should of painted or just used a permanent black marker to cover the bare metal unless thats the glue  That looks great. But maybe you should of painted or just used a permanent black marker to cover the bare metal unless thats the glue 

or, you know, take of the sidepanel :P thats how i have it, but thats because mine is kinda broken and i doubt my NH-D14 fits with the sidepanel on lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, tp95112 said:

That looks great. But maybe you should of painted or just used a permanent black marker to cover the bare metal unless thats the glue 

I think it's a little bit of both.

get some U-channel edge molding (see picture) and you can make it look really clean!

Ij9q6VN.jpg

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15