Anyone know where I can get a windows product key for a good price?

Hey hope your all having a great day! So I'm building my first PC and my final step is trying to find a windows product key but I really don't want to pay the full 120$ for home. Windows 8.1 or 10 are the only ones that I want. Can anyone tell me a website where I can buy a product key for a good price from a reputable seller?

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

If you are in university or college/school then you can visit onthehub for free license 

dealscube

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

it depends.

if you want to have clean hands, pay full price.

you can sure as hell get a cheap license on G2A or kinguin, but you're essentially guaranteed to have *something* shady going on in the chain before you got your hands on it.

(that "shady" varying from the seller breaking EULA on their dreamspark keys, all the way to credit card fraud)

15 minutes ago, manikyath said:

it depends.

if you want to have clean hands, pay full price.

you can sure as hell get a cheap license on G2A or kinguin, but you're essentially guaranteed to have *something* shady going on in the chain before you got your hands on it.

(that "shady" varying from the seller breaking EULA on their dreamspark keys, all the way to credit card fraud)

You People dont get tired of these Fairytales, do you?

@Zeke_ You can buy from Kinguin or G2A, no Problems at all. Dont believe this CC Fraud Nonsense.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 minutes ago, Praesi said:

you can get cheap boxed ipads on ebay, it's the exact same thing behind it ;)

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

they how do they sell keys for 20 bucks? You can't buy the licence from microsoft for that much

If you don't want to pay full price just run it unactivated or crack it, microsoft won't make any money of the cheap keys.

thats probably not entirely in line with the CS bro ;)

but really.. that kinda sums it up.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

how, why pay money for a product that won't support the devoloper?

I dont have time or desire to teach you the minimum basics of economy. Sry.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

good, i already know it.

Why should i give money to some who just stole the key. There is no way those are legal keys, you can't make money selling it for 20 bucks a pop.

good, i already know it.

Why should i give money to some who just stole the key. There is no way those are legal keys, you can't make money selling it for 20 bucks a pop.

should rephrase: they're "legal" keys, as in they will work when you punch them into your system, the method of aquiring those keys however...

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

they how do they sell keys for 20 bucks? You can't buy the licence from microsoft for that much

If you don't want to pay full price just run it unactivated or crack it, microsoft won't make any money of the cheap keys.

Volume licenses. You can buy about 100 for nearly $60 or less. Why keep keys that aren't going to be used? It's better for a company to liquidate assets rather than store them in a drawer.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

good, i already know it.

"....And they lived happily even after"

Nothing more to say from my side. 

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

Volume licenses. You can buy about 100 for nearly $60 or less. Why keep keys that aren't going to be used? It's better for a company to liquidate assets rather than store them in a drawer.

can't legally sell them

Also 60 bucks is way different than 30 bucks

Also 60 bucks is way different than 30 bucks

The keys are going to be sold for less for a quick sell. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Praesi said:

then i shall take the time to teach you the "fairytales" of economy:

- MS doesnt sell those keys cheaply, even the biggest bulk orders dont get that much of a price drop.

- people steal credit card information every day

- stealing money from a credit card is too tracable

- they buy *something* instead, and since buying ipads in stores is too much work, digital sales are the way to go these days

- they sell the product, for money sent to their own credit card, with no connection to the original card.

5 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

do they drop *that* far per key?

that said, i'm pretty sure those are "not for retail" keys you cant sell seperately, so in the best case that's "seller breaking EULA" cases, and it still doesnt account for the $20 a pop licenses.

EDIT: and also, if your company is liquidating windows 10 keys, they're not that smart, since they will essentially need those at some point.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

then i shall take the time to teach you the "fairytales" of economy:

- MS doesnt sell those keys cheaply, even the biggest bulk orders dont get that much of a price drop.

- people steal credit card information every day

- stealing money from a credit card is too tracable

- they buy *something* instead, and since buying ipads in stores is too much work, digital sales are the way to go these days

- they sell the product, for money sent to their own credit card, with no connection to the original card.

Rumours without any Proof.

Rumours without any Proof.

there's plenty of proof about game keys on G2A out there, why would microsoft keys be any different?

7 minutes ago, Praesi said:

@Zeke_ You can buy from Kinguin or G2A, no Problems at all. Dont believe this CC Fraud Nonsense.

Windows sold on Kinguin, G2A, Reddit are dodgy and there are a number of terms that are broken. I just went to a reddit link from another post and they were selling VL only products as single items which is a clear case of breaking VL agreement terms; splitting a contract and re-selling components is not allowed and has been confirmed by EU and UK courts. No legitimate retailer has margins good enough to offer Windows at 50-80% off. You can only get windows cheap during a promotion such as when windows 10 came out it was a free upgrade. I worked in anti-piracy for MS. I use to get paid to argue with people on these issues all day and if you want to start a debate there is nothing you can say that I have not heard. Ask me anything you want.

@Zeke_ The consequences of purchasing a key online (a key is not a license) is that your key can be re-sold to other customers many times before they get blocked. At anytime MS can remove authentication if they find it has been mis-used and you end up with dealing with their call centres instead of getting your work done. I use my computer for work and I work long hours; I dont know about you, but I cannot afford to  waste time dealing with their call centre

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

do they drop *that* far per key?

that said, i'm pretty sure those are "not for retail" keys you cant sell seperately, so in the best case that's "seller breaking EULA" cases, and it still doesnt account for the $20 a pop licenses

They drop quite a bit as I've been quoted for 16 hospital PCs from Microsoft and a local IT firm (the IT firm buys more licenses than I would have at any given time).

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

there's plenty of proof about game keys on G2A out there, why would microsoft keys be any different?

There is no Proof at all. There was one Case Years ago with proof. Like fraud is happening everywhere else as well. Since than its just Clickbait from YT´s who want generate views. Nothing more to say about this topic. I keep buying in Keystores as long as they sell me valid Keys. Over and out.

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

@Zeke_ The consequences of purchasing a key online (a key is not a license) is that your key can be re-sold to other customers many times before they get blocked. At anytime MS can remove authentication if they find it has been mis-used and you end up with dealing with their call centres instead of getting your work done. I use my computer for work and I work long hours; I dont know about you, but I cannot afford to  waste time dealing with their call centre

this is actually a big issue as well, because if they can send you the code, that means they can see the code themselves as well, and send the code to someone else too.

you know that valid license sticker windows puts on their windows boxes? that's what what's for.

There is no Proof at all. There was one Case Years ago with proof. Like fraud is happening everywhere else as well. Since than its just Clickbait from YT´s who want generate views. Nothing more to say about this topic. I keep buying in Keystores as long as they sell me valid Keys. Over and out.

there's BS from the side of tinybuild (i think) basicly stating there were a lot of keys sold with stolen credit cards (which.. you already know where thosee ended up) and some game on uPlay where the bulk of people who got their game on g2a got their game taken because the key was gotten with a stolen credit card.

now.. how do they know it was a stolen credit card? well... because the bank blocks the payment when the owner reports the card as stolen.

this is actually a big issue as well, because if they can send you the code, that means they can see the code themselves as well, and send the code to someone else too.

you know that valid license sticker windows puts on their windows boxes? that's what what's for.

they actually caused themselves problems starting with windows 8. the sticker you get with win 8 and win 10 is not really part of the license anymore as it has no product key, watermark or some form of anti-counterfeiting. It was really annoying when they did that. You have to keep your invoice and hope your invoice has decent information on it, some people think a eftpos printout or packing slip is an invoice

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_