Microsoft unveils official IE11-tan called Inori Aizawa

Microsoft just released a short anime on their Internet Explorer YouTube channel called "Internet Explorer: The Anime -- feat Inori Aizawa" (click link to watch). Internet Explorer-tan is called "Inori Aizawa" and there isn't really much more to say. You will be able to download a special version of IE11 with a skin of the new mascot in the near future.

Post on the official facebook page:

Hey everyone! My name is Inori and you can think of me as a personification of Internet Explorer.

When I was younger, I used to be a clumsy, slow and awkward girl.

However, just like the story of ugly duckling, people told me that I have really matured and changed over the years. I feel confident in my abilities now, and I'm eager to show you what I can do.

Why don't you get to know me a little better?

www.internetexplorertan.com/download

Download page (no links up yet)

Test it out if you use IE9

I should add that this is not the first time Microsoft does something like this. With the launch of Windows 7 they announced "Nanami Madobe", their cloud server software Azure has its own -tan called "Claudia", Sliverlight-tan is called "Hikaru" and Windows 8 has two mascots called "Madobe Yu" and "Madobe Ai" (as in, UI). There are a few more but you get the point. There have been unofficial OS-tans for quite a long time but it seems like Microsoft likes the idea and will continue to make official ones for their products.

And here is an image of her:

post-216-0-19730600-1383761854.png

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/73008-micosaft-wat-r-u-doin/

Edit: I do prefer your style of posting about this compared to the other topic.... your title is also more appropriate.

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

cool but...5 fps? WTF Microsoft? My head just exploded!

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

I actually like the background song.

IE all the way. :D

I looked down 5 rows of pages. If Im not the first then Sorry for reposting >.< 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHTUlF7NA2o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.facebook.com/internetexplorertan

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2013/11/06/internet-explorers-new-official-mascot-inori-aizawa-cute-robot-fighting-anime-heroine/

But man as an Anime fan myself IE kinda got me a tad bit. (Even though Chrome will always be my baby) I think this was a pretty good marketing if I do say so myself. But this is still IE. .n. 

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

Oh lol it's okay if you post something for the 5th time but if I post something for the second time WW3 breaks loose.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Oh lol it's okay if you post something for the 5th time but if I post something for the second time WW3 breaks loose.

Yes.

Yes.

business-cat-meme-generator-my-god-it-al

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Aw, beat me to it. Oh well.

This is probably the only good thing to come about from Internet Explorer, other than using it to download Chrome or Firefox.

:D

COMIC SANS

This video is created by Microsoft Singapore, dedicated to all anime fans worldwide in celebration of Anime Festival Asia (AFA) 2013.

GG on those who draw it, but IE you aint gonna fool anyone! You still suck...

Its like make a phone in China and add Apple logo and sell to people as their own for 400-500% of price - ohhh wait it already did happened

BTW Love your icon, do you know when season two comes out for Nobuna?)

I do the "icons" (animated gifs to be exact) from anime i watched and find cool part.

When they will sell enough merchandise like figures, posters DVD's and sh*t. Plus i dunno if it aint based on a manga and wait for them to make another season or catch up.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

This is like the 5th post so far lol

Sorry Guys :( Didnt mean to repost Dx

This is probably the only good thing to come about from Internet Explorer, other than using it to download Chrome or Firefox.

LOL if only Google would do the same .n. or Firefox... (Just think, A girl with fox tail and ears... Girls would download that so fast xD)

GG on those who draw it, but IE you aint gonna fool anyone! You still suck...

Its like make a phone in China and add Apple logo and sell to people as their own for 400-500% of price - ohhh wait it already did happened

Right? xD! (BTW Love your icon, do you know when season two comes out for Nobuna?)

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

It's not 2003 anymore. IE is a good browser, maybe not the best but still a good browser.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

IE9 and 10 are alright, I don't understand the hate.

[spoiler=»--((¯`·._.·¤~●oO му яιg Oo●~¤·._.·´¯))--«] Case: Corsair 600T White       CPU: Core i7 3930k @ 4.3GHz                     SSD: Crucial M500 480GB

MB:    Asus P9X79 LE         GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 Reference             HDD: WD Caviar Green 3TB

PSU:   Seasonic X-1050      RAM: G.Skill Trident X 32GB @ 2.4GHz   ☃ There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

As someone commented on FB, "Love [insert other browser here], but Inori is just way too cute"

I think I'll be renaming my IE icon "Inori Explorer" now...

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Linking iE to Anime?Bad move.I hate Anime to the core.No offense intended however.

Before this:Use iE to download nightly,then taking ownership of IE files and deleting entirely.

After this:Download nightly beforehand and saving to a storage device,and use a slipstreamed windows disc with IE removed.