The 'Fappening' hackers have been sentenced!

The Fappening Hackers Sentence Results  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Was the sentence fair?

• They got too little time!
    • Don't think they should have been charged at all...
    • Eh, we could care less.
    • They should be put away for life!
    • Yes, they got what they deserved.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Fun fact guys: If your neighbours don't lock their front door, you still go to jail if you decide to help yourself to their electronics and valuables.

Yeah but they left their door unlocked! They're just as bad as the thieves! They should go to jail with them! /s

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I beg to differ. Do you have an online bank account? If so, you voluntarily hold that information on the internet. All it takes is someone to crack your password through social engineering - which, is exactly what happened with the iCloud leak. iCloud's security systems weren't breached or bypassed. The hacker was able to get the password for the account, and assume control. Since then, I do believe Apple has beefed up security even further to try and prevent this from happening again.

The risks of getting your cloud storage account (iCloud, Google Drive, OneDrive) hacked are actually incredibly small. Most of these kinds of hacks are due to user error in choosing a bad password, or in inadvertently giving away that password via very convincing means (some phishing websites and emails look 100% authentic to a non-technical user - hell some would even fool technical users, unless they were especially careful).

Your argument would be the same as something like: Well I should just keep all my cash under my mattress at home, because the bank could be robbed or hacked.

I'll give you the bank account as that was clearly just skipped my brain but the things like medical records still stand, they aren't voluntary afaik.

I'm well aware of how these attacks happen and the percentage and i still don't believe the risk/reward ratio is worth it especially for such high profile people.

Sending nude selfies in the cloud is hardly a necessity like having cash easily available to you, I get your point though.

P.S I'm not against the "cloud" if that's what you think.

On 23/02/2017 at 3:31 AM, dalekphalm said:

Yeah but they left their door unlocked! They're just as bad as the thieves! They should go to jail with them! /s

Just as bad as the thieves? are you serious or sarcastic? 

10 minutes ago, Walms said:

Just as bad as the thieves? are you serious or sarcastic? 

On 22/02/2017 at 9:31 AM, dalekphalm said:

enlarged for emphasis

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

enlarged for emphasis

Ah I see, didn't know what that meant. I'm new here....

1 minute ago, Walms said:

Ah I see, didn't know what that meant. I'm new here....

Ah. This isn't something unique to LTT. /s has meant "sarcasm" since the dawn of the internet:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%2Fs

2 minutes ago, Walms said:

Yeah I'm new to the internet, not really I'm just making a poor attempt at looking less stupid.

You're making a valiant effort.