Best Phone for Photography and Gaming

Leaving Apple

Hey peepz I'm a local bro from 'merica. I wanted to upgrade my sh*tty old iPhone 6 to a new phone.

I am looking for a phone with a good camera, good performance, and at least a decent design.

Yes, I have thought about buying the iPhone 7, but I wanted to go back to Android because of how limited iOS is without jailbreaking. Besides, the first smartphone I ever had was the Galaxy S1, which ran Android.

I have also thought about getting the Google Pixel, a Note 7 (boom! well I was looking for a phone for a while now), a Oneplus 3T, a Mi Mix, or a Pixel 2 if it ever comes out.

The only games that I play which have good graphics is CSR 2 and Asphalt 8, so I would just like a phone that is fast and responsive.

What do you guys think? Would you recommend another smartphone? Should I wait for the Pixel 2? Please comment down below, I need your help! Thanks.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

i'm probably really biased since im chinese, but the huawei p9 and the xiaomi mi mix are great options in terms of picture quality, there's also that nokia phone that has a 21 megapixel point and shoot camera built into it - if you want to buy the mi mix outside of china, use gearbest.com - i've actually bought the xiao mi note from there and the service isn't too bad, the shipping is just kinda slow

1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

i'm probably really biased since im chinese, but the huawei p9 and the xiaomi mi mix are great options in terms of picture quality, there's also that nokia phone that has a 21 megapixel point and shoot camera built into it - if you want to buy the mi mix outside of china, use gearbest.com - i've actually bought the xiao mi note from there and the service isn't too bad, the shipping is just kinda slow

I thought the Mi Mix and the p9 were pretty good looking. I've seen some camera quality videos and they were very decent. I added them to my list of phones, thanks for the info :)

P.S. Nice to have an Asian buddy! I'm Korean.

CPU: i7-6700k                                                                                                                                                                      RAM: 16GB-DDR4

GPU: GTX 1050ti                                                                                                                                                            Headphones: ATH-M10

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB                                                                                                                    Recently Played: Rise of the Tomb Raider

Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013                                                                                                                         Currently Playing: Simulators

Can't go wrong with OnePlus.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

4 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

those phones have megapixel, not real picture quality, the pixel has the best picture quality in the market. support is another question as most Chinese phones have closed source hardware mixed with data mining utilities that steal user information.  the mi mix is not a phone for the average consumer, it has many problems from hardware to software. if you want a phone that works and can afford a pixel get a pixel the s7 is also a good phone for you needs. the one plus 3 is an all around good phone but the camera is average at best and you could see pixels on a 1080p display.

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

those phones have megapixel, not real picture quality, the pixel has the best picture quality in the market. support is another question as most Chinese phones have closed source hardware mixed with data mining utilities that steal user information.  the mi mix is not a phone for the average consumer, it has many problems from hardware to software. if you want a phone that works and can afford a pixel get a pixel the s7 is also a good phone for you needs. the one plus 3 is an all around good phone but the camera is average at best and you could see pixels on a 1080p display.

the oneplus 3t's camera isn't that good either, got my gf one because she despises apple but still wants something "hip" and we ended up returning it for a samsung s7 - also, everyone knows that when buying chinese phones that you root it and install a cyanogen mod OS or something like that, you still get the hardware but with fully unlocked android and no spying

the oneplus 3t's camera isn't that good either, got my gf one because she despises apple but still wants something "hip" and we ended up returning it for a samsung s7 - also, everyone knows that when buying chinese phones that you root it and install a cyanogen mod OS or something like that, you still get the hardware but with fully unlocked android and no spying

yea i was just thinking OP was going stock, the s7 is a really good phone, i got one for my fiance. i still have my 6p, no reason to upgrade.  

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yea i was just thinking OP was going stock, the s7 is a really good phone, i got one for my fiance. i still have my 6p, no reason to upgrade.  

first of all, congrats on the engagement, but secondly, the OP just really wants good camera quality in a phone, so why not just get any normal phone and just buy one of those camera attachments for a couple hundred bucks

first of all, congrats on the engagement, but secondly, the OP just really wants good camera quality in a phone, so why not just get any normal phone and just buy one of those camera attachments for a couple hundred bucks

thank you. if OP wants a good cheap phone, i suggest the honor 8. really good looking phones paired with a good camera, and 200 bucks in bestbuy. OP get a honor 8 for 200 and a Nvidia shield for 200 for the best gaming experience. 

19 minutes ago, Samtell said:

I thought the Mi Mix and the p9 were pretty good looking. I've seen some camera quality videos and they were very decent. I added them to my list of phones, thanks for the info :)

P.S. Nice to have an Asian buddy! I'm Korean.

i would honestly just get the xiaomi mi mix because of how cool it looks or the huawei p9 - i got a p9 for personal use and i love it, it's really really really nice - of course i rooted it and flashed cyanogen mod 13 on it

25 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

pixel 2 or the pixel 1 if you want now. 

btw, just a quick question, don't feel like starting a new topic for this but, if i have a breadboard with a 12 volt dc input, i should theoretically be able to run 2 5 volt motors on it even though the max voltage is 5 volts right? will it be an issue if the motors start drawing more than 5 volts but the board doesn't let it?

btw, just a quick question, don't feel like starting a new topic for this but, if i have a breadboard with a 12 volt dc input, i should theoretically be able to run 2 5 volt motors on it even though the max voltage is 5 volts right? will it be an issue if the motors start drawing more than 5 volts but the board doesn't let it?

depending on the speed of the motor, if your motor uses too much power than the whole thing will shut down. in short answer yes, use the Arduino to direct the power. 

yeah they will be weaker though

depending on the speed of the motor, if your motor uses too much power than the whole thing will shut down. in short answer yes, use the Arduino to direct the power. 

the breadboard can only output a max of 5 volts, so i should be able to control the motors and not allow them to go over 5 volts right?

the breadboard can only output a max of 5 volts, so i should be able to control the motors and not allow them to go over 5 volts right?

the circuit you showed me supplies 5volt to the breadboard. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

the circuit you showed me supplies 5volt to the breadboard. 

so i should be fine, even if it does overdraw it won't brick my arduino or breadboard right? never used hobby electronics like this before and me and my girlfriend are trying to make a martini mixer from this - don't really care if we screw up as long as i won't fry anything

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

so i should be fine, even if it does overdraw it won't brick my arduino or breadboard right? never used hobby electronics like this before and me and my girlfriend are trying to make a martini mixer from this - don't really care if we screw up as long as i won't fry anything

nope, the Arduino has a circuit that can handle 12 volts also has over voltage protection( long as you stay withing the limit). if you have 1 motor your Arduino should have enough power to handle it also get some powerful motor for the martini mixer. 

nope, the Arduino has a circuit that can handle 12 volts also has over voltage protection( long as you stay withing the limit). if you have 1 motor your Arduino should have enough power to handle it also get some powerful motor for the martini mixer. 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10K-OHM-Logarithmic-Taper-Potentiometer-Pot-A10K-/250840408606?hash=item3a6740e21e:g:ec8AAOxyhtpR58Jx

this potentiometer should be fine for adjusting contrast on a lcd screen right?

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

depends on the screen, you can use that to control the motor. 

i won't need to this below because i have an independent power for my breadboard right? or do i still need to do this? if i do, where will i connect my motor shield?? 

Capture.PNG

also, is it ok to use a 100k ohm resistor even though i need a 220ohm resistor? sorry for taking over ur thread btw @Samtell

i won't need to this below because i have an independent power for my breadboard right? or do i still need to do this? if i do, where will i connect my motor shield?? 

Capture.PNG

use the power supply when you put on the motor. this setup don't need a outside power supply. 

10 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

Capture.PNG

also, is it ok to use a 100k ohm resistor even though i need a 220ohm resistor? sorry for taking over ur thread btw @Samtell

yes you have to use a 220 ohm resistor