My first waterloop - complete (?) 1070 Temps + How to "Fill" Radiator

Greetings fellow builders!

I just completet my very very first waterloop! Hurray!

First of, I had no leaks and I am still trying to bleed my Radiator.

I am now looking at some temps of my Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Edition and I don't know wheter they are normal or not.

For my Loop:

Alphacool X-Flow 480mm UT60

Thermaltake Riing Fans running at ~900 rpm.

Alphacool D5 Pump with 250mm Reservoir (250mm Reservoir Pummp combo)

Alphacool GTX 1080 M02 Water Block

YES I do NOT have a CPUI waterblock in there yet,, but thats only because I didnt have the money to buy one quite yet. I have my birthday in about a week (5.2.) And I will be getting one then.

Now for the temps.

I don't know if my system is fully bled yet, (Which is isn't, even I know that)

While writing this I had Heaven Benchmark running in the background at ultra settings 3440x1440p and the temps now are:

43 Degrees Celcius.

In Idle on the Desktop I'm getting around 34 Degrees.

Are those normal temps? I expected a little lower(?) At least about 26 or so on the desktop witht he GPU at idle...?

Also I felt the water by sticking my finger into my reservoir (Yes I shouldnt do that) and it feels cold. Shouldnt the water be at least about hand warm if the GPU is sitting at 43 Degrees? I mean as much as I understand it the water in the loop will be about the same temp (+- 1 Degree) after a while, right?

Well thats that.

Now for my 2nd Question

My Radiator still has some air in the top, I can clearly hear it splashing in there. How do I get it out? I can't really tip my PC because its bolted to the wall (yeah, looks epic though).

Would it be safe to just open the top port and fill some water in there? It cant really drop on any components there (About 30cm to the mainboard, gpu, etc)

Or will the water just come flying out like a fountain If I unscrew this?

Pew, alot of text for 2 small simple questions... Sorry 'bout that.

Anyways, I hope someone with more experience than me (everyone) can help me!

Cheers!

1st question: 43c is normal and exactly where my gtx980's max out with about the same rad space.  Idle temps can depend on a few things, if you're multiple displays or any high refresh rate displays then that can drive up "idle" temps since the gpu has to do more work.  Also maybe depending on the power saving options selected in Nvidia control panel.  still though, 34c is just fine for it to idle at.  Mine are both at 30c with 23c ambient temp.

2nd question: do you have any pictures of the loop?  depending on where the rad is it can make a big difference on how to bleed it out.  Cycling the pump on/off or higher/lower can help but may not get it done entirely. 

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

4 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

1st question: 43c is normal and exactly where my gtx980's max out with about the same rad space.  Idle temps can depend on a few things, if you're multiple displays or any high refresh rate displays then that can drive up "idle" temps since the gpu has to do more work.  Also maybe depending on the power saving options selected in Nvidia control panel.  still though, 34c is just fine for it to idle at.  Mine are both at 30c with 23c ambient temp.

2nd question: do you have any pictures of the loop?  depending on where the rad is it can make a big difference on how to bleed it out.  Cycling the pump on/off or higher/lower can help but may not get it done entirely. 

Hey!

Thanks you very much! I did some more testing and on GTA V I get a low 47 Degrees Max temp. Thats quite amazing. Also the Idle Temps dropped down to 32 Degrees. Probably some bubbles went out of the block.

Ill attach a picture of the loop, but I already have it sortet out. I just turned the PC off, opened the top radiator port and filled as much water in as I could.

Also I completely forgot to mention that: I use destilled Water for my loop.

Nicely done!  Glad you got it sorted out

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q