Lets get me to 4.4GHz (4670k)

Ive had my 4670k + NH-D15 for a very long time but never bothered to overclock it as I was so concerned about silence. But now I figure instead of looking for an upgrade Ive decided to open the gas and see what I can get out of it.

Naturally the OC genie on my MSI z87 G43 Gaming mobo gives me 4Ghz which is pretty awful considering boost on this thing is 3.8. So I need you guys help with getting a stable OC on this puppy. Shooting for close to 4.4GHz which given what Ive read should be easily achievable.

I need instructions though, I know how to stability test the OC but getting there in the first place is the issue. Im assuming I dont just throw on 1.35v and stick the multiplier to the correct setting.

2 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Ive had my 4670k + NH-D15 for a very long time but never bothered to overclock it as I was so concerned about silence. But now I figure instead of looking for an upgrade Ive decided to open the gas and see what I can get out of it.

Naturally the OC genie on my MSI z87 G43 Gaming mobo gives me 4Ghz which is pretty awful considering boost on this thing is 3.8. So I need you guys help with getting a stable OC on this puppy. Shooting for close to 4.4GHz which given what Ive read should be easily achievable.

I need instructions though, I know how to stability test the OC but getting there in the first place is the issue. Im assuming I dont just throw on 1.35v and stick the multiplier to the correct setting.

OC Genie is garbage, set me at 4.0 and 1.4v hahahahaha

Just set mult to 44 and set voltage to 1.3v. If it's stable in Windows just keep taking down the voltage until it becomes unstable 

idk

Don't use OC genie. When i overclocked my i7 4790k to 4.5ghz it was very unstable but when i did it manually i could get to 4.6Ghz and keep it stable and if i had better cooling i could probably go higher.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

Underclock cache to 3.4GHz and that will help you get core a bit higher than normaly... it doesent affect performance.

OC Genie is crap? oh my... so I could push my CPU (i5 4570) more than 3,4 Ghz what OC Genie provides me?

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

11 minutes ago, Mike87 said:

OC Genie is crap? oh my... so I could push my CPU (i5 4570) more than 3,4 Ghz what OC Genie provides me?

OC genie wont do anything for your chip as it is non-overclockable. Also funny that youre at 3.4 when 3.6 is the default boost clock for that chip.

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

OC genie wont do anything for your chip as it is non-overclockable. Also funny that youre at 3.4 when 3.6 is the default boost clock for that chip.

It sometimes pushes up to 3.6ghz. 

I've opened a new threat if you want to join? 

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

12 minutes ago, Mike87 said:

It sometimes pushes up to 3.6ghz. 

Your CPU is doing that on its own.  It's called Turbo Boost.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 hour ago, A Silver said:

Don't use OC genie. When i overclocked my i7 4790k to 4.5ghz it was very unstable but when i did it manually i could get to 4.6Ghz and keep it stable and if i had better cooling i could probably go higher.

Just to expand on this, it's because OC Genie puts more current than is necessary into your CPU, causing overheating and possibly damage.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Im running an i5 4690k + dark rock 3 cooler.... I think the 4670k and 4690k are similar, but I've got mine running comfortably for months now at 1.238v 4.4ghz... could probably lower voltage that slightly or even increase the frequency, but just haven't tried.With the current config, im only getting max 65C at load, and fan speed is never 100%.

Try 1.238v, CPU ratio 44, CPU base clock 100.0 - then stress test with AIDA64 trial version? but take idle temps and load temps before you apply the OC first though, so you have something to compare to...

19 minutes ago, NotTayyeb said:

1.238v 4.4ghz... could probably lower voltage that slightly or even increase the frequency, but just haven't tried.With the current config, im only getting max 65C at load

Sounds good! Thats a pretty low voltage!

30 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I might just have a good chip, who knows... I think the 4690k was a refresh of the 4670k, where the 90k had better stability with overclocks and cooler temps..... But try and see what happens

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2014/07/03/intel-core-i5-4690k-review/7

30 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I might just have a good chip, who knows... I think the 4690k was a refresh of the 4670k, where the 90k had better stability with overclocks and cooler temps..... But try and see what happens

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2014/07/03/intel-core-i5-4690k-review/7