The forum goes to mobile mode on my laptop.

Dash Lambda
Go to solution Solved by JoaoPRSousa,
1 minute ago, Dash Lambda said:

I know why it happens, I was asking if I could fix it. Not worrying about it isn't exactly a fix.

Try to zoom out.

I often have two windows on my monitor at a time while I use my laptop, and when I do that and use the forum it goes to mobile mode. That's obviously very irritating because it takes away a lot of interface stuff I'd rather keep.

Is there a "use desktop mode" button or something I'm missing?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

I often have two windows on my monitor at a time while I use my laptop, and when I do that and use the forum it goes to mobile mode. That's obviously very irritating because it takes away a lot of interface stuff I'd rather keep.

I think it's just because there isn't as much screen real estate, and it's a "skinnier" space to work with. This happens to me too, don't worry about it :)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I think it's just because there isn't as much screen real estate, and it's a "skinnier" space to work with. This happens to me too, don't worry about it :)

I know why it happens, I was asking if I could fix it. Not worrying about it isn't exactly a fix.

Just now, Dash Lambda said:

I don't think you can fix it, sorry :)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, Dash Lambda said:

Try to zoom out.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Try to zoom out.

Was literally about to suggest that as if I zoomed in on my 1440p monitor, it will eventually go into mobile mode :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

9 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Try to zoom out.

Well that worked.

really hope they can add an option so the forum doesn't make this necessary, I hate having to fiddle with zoom.

40 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Well that worked.

really hope they can add an option so the forum doesn't make this necessary, I hate having to fiddle with zoom.

Not going to happen. Its already adjusted so that you can have normal mode when browser takes half of screen on normal zoom 1440p monitor and normal zoom.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Was literally about to suggest that as if I zoomed in on my 1440p monitor, it will eventually go into mobile mode :P 

That's actually cool lol

"Rawr XD"

1 hour ago, Dash Lambda said:

No, it's not possible due to the way that the forum is designed. There is no "desktop mode" or "mobile mode", instead the forum is designed to seamless scale from desktop -> tablet -> mobile depending on the size of the viewport. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

10 hours ago, Blade of Grass said:

No, it's not possible due to the way that the forum is designed. There is no "desktop mode" or "mobile mode", instead the forum is designed to seamless scale from desktop -> tablet -> mobile depending on the size of the viewport. 

That... Seems a little silly to me. I mean, they are modes, they just switch between each other based on screen real estate rather than explicit request. Actually, it doesn't just seem silly, it seems lazy...

2 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

That... Seems a little silly to me. I mean, they are modes, they just switch between each other based on screen real estate rather than explicit request. Actually, it doesn't just seem silly, it seems lazy...

They're modes... kinda? It's a bit hard to explain exactly how it works without going into the difference (good explanation https://www.nngroup.com/articles/mobile-vs-responsive/) but "responsive design" is actually the preferred method to develop websites nowadays (it's also quite a bit more work than having separate websites). But I do agree that the breakpoint is a bit high, and ideally it will be changed in the future.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB