Where to download Python Idle?

GamerGuyEbby
Go to solution Solved by fizzlesticks,
2 minutes ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

I reinstalled everything and got some more options. I was told that you should click on the white icon and not the one that looks like a command prompt window which i did and it did nothing.

There should be a shortcut in your start menu to IDLE. If there isn't make a new shortcut and set the target as 

C:\Python36\pythonw.exe "C:\Python36\Lib\idlelib\idle.pyw"

change the path to where ever your Python install is.

I want to get Python IDLE on my home pc because I need it for my programming class at school. However I downloaded both 2 and 3 versions and neither of them are the right one. I am looking for the one that looks a bit more modern with the white window with different colored text based on what is typed instead of the version that looks like the command prompt.

when you download python the installation should give you an option to install IDLE, I would re-run the installation executable and make sure the option is checked.

8 minutes ago, elpiop said:

when you download python the installation should give you an option to install IDLE, I would re-run the installation executable and make sure you check that.

I reinstalled everything and got some more options. I was told that you should click on the white icon and not the one that looks like a command prompt window which i did and it did nothing.

Capture.JPG

You need to make a shortcut with this as the destination:

or whatever your python path is. It should have put the shortcut on your start menu or something, unless you unchecked that. 

2 minutes ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

There should be a shortcut in your start menu to IDLE. If there isn't make a new shortcut and set the target as 

8 minutes ago, fizzlesticks said:

Ok that worked. Now how do I get the other window to appear like in this picture?

Idle_gui.png

1 minute ago, GamerGuyEbby said:

Ok that worked. Now how do I get the other window to appear like in this picture?

File > new file

2 minutes ago, fizzlesticks said:

File > new file

Ah, thanks for the help!