White build planed - new parts for 1500€

Gnomo

PC Partpicker misses many parts -.- but I will do, gimme some time

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For €0.00)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (Purchased For €0.00)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For €0.00)
Storage: OCZ TRION 150 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€119.00 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For €0.00)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€112.84 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Other: Alpenföhn Matterhorn white (€49.90)
Other: Z270 Tomahawk Arctic (€150.00)
Other: KFA² Hall of Fame GTX 1070 (€475.00)
Other: Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 white (€203.00)
Other: Nanoxia Deep Silence 6 white window (€49.90)
Other: Super Flower Leadex Gold weiß 650W ATX 2.3 (€114.00)
Other: BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 EVG-Series Kabel Kit für Netzteile, weiß (BFX-ALC-EVGWW-RP) (€88.00)
Total: €1361.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-23 21:47 CET+0100

so do you have the 6700K?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

30 minutes ago, Gnomo said:

@Bananasplit_00 @Jed MYes, I have it already and want to keep using it from the old rig (upgrade doesn't seem worth to kaby lake?)

no upgrade isn't worth it. I honestly like your build a lot. Can't remember but I think crucial has white/silver ssds and I believe the mx300 line is faster than that toshiba

29 minutes ago, Gnomo said:

@Bananasplit_00 @Jed MYes, I have it already and want to keep using it from the old rig (upgrade doesn't seem worth to kaby lake?)

ok wow that changes a lot of what i had planed, im playing games with some friends so it will be a while but il get back to you

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

ok wow that changes a lot of what i had planed, im playing games with some friends so it will be a while but il get back to you

ok

3 hours ago, Gnomo said:

ok

PCPartPicker part list: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/mk3sjc
Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/mk3sjc/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For €0.00) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  (€41.81 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€291.73 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€248.73 @ Mindfactory) 
Video Card: GALAX GeForce GTX 1080 8GB HOF Video Card  (€660.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€112.84 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€114.00) 
Other: BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 EVG-Series Kabel Kit für Netzteile, weiß (€88.00)
Total: €1557.11
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-24 08:24 CET+0100

there you go, its a tad over but its the 1080 HOF instead of the 1070 and M.2 storage. nicer motherboard too IMO and the case loos really nice

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Price breakdown by merchant: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/mk3sjc/by_merchant/

Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM EDITION ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (€291.73 @ Mindfactory) 
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€248.73 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€112.84 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€114.00) 

there you go, its a tad over but its the 1080 HOF instead of the 1070 and M.2 storage. nicer motherboard too IMO and the case loos really nice

tbh, I don't find this board better, maybe I would go with the MPower, why you call this board better (i mean it is double the price!).
I want to put the ssd on top of the psu cover for optical reason and I am absolutly fine with "slow" ssd speed or is there a m.2 ssd fitting the colour scheme. This build is mainly for optical purposes and gaming in 1080p. That is why I am not sure why I should put in a black cpu cooler?
For the 1080, how much performance increase would it be in 1080p gaming? Sure it is worth 200 bucks?

11 hours ago, Gnomo said:

tbh, I don't find this board better, maybe I would go with the MPower, why you call this board better (i mean it is double the price!).
I want to put the ssd on top of the psu cover for optical reason and I am absolutly fine with "slow" ssd speed or is there a m.2 ssd fitting the colour scheme. This build is mainly for optical purposes and gaming in 1080p. That is why I am not sure why I should put in a black cpu cooler?
For the 1080, how much performance increase would it be in 1080p gaming? Sure it is worth 200 bucks?

for the motherboard i litteraly just went with the most white thing i could fine, if you have a better one then sure. same with litteraly everything else in there. for 1080p there will be a differance but i see no need to spend this amount of cash for 1080p. go with the 1070 HOF if you want to save cash. the UV400 is a nice silver white SSD btw

Builds:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, lee32uk said:

You can buy Super Flower cable kits as well for the Leadex although it says out of stock. 

https://geizhals.de/super-flower-kabel-kit-fuer-netzteile-sf-1000cs-wh-a1375549.html

If you go with the Bitfenix ones just make sure they are compatible with the Super Flower, as they might just be for the EVGA units.

I checked multiple pages and they have the same configuration, so all evga cables should fit the super leadex ones under 1000w too

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

for the motherboard i litteraly just went with the most white thing i could fine, if you have a better one then sure. same with litteraly everything else in there. for 1080p there will be a differance but i see no need to spend this amount of cash for 1080p. go with the 1070 HOF if you want to save cash. the UV400 is a nice silver white SSD btw

Indeed, the UV400 really looks nice and would fit the build very well. So it is a silver Mgaming Z170 or a Z270 tomahawk arctic board. Hard decision. and yes, I think a 1080 isn't worth it for 1080p, I mean there is no reason to get over 200 fps.

9 hours ago, Gnomo said:

I checked multiple pages and they have the same configuration, so all evga cables should fit the super leadex ones under 1000w too

Indeed, the UV400 really looks nice and would fit the build very well. So it is a silver Mgaming Z170 or a Z270 tomahawk arctic board. Hard decision. and yes, I think a 1080 isn't worth it for 1080p, I mean there is no reason to get over 200 fps.

you could get the 1070 and a 144HZ screen lol. anyway go for the cheaper one but dont expect to be able to use everything on the Z270 board seeing as while it may be compatible with Skylate CPUs, putting one in there would limit things like M.2 drives IIRC.

Builds:

Spoiler

On 1/24/2017 at 7:24 AM, Bananasplit_00 said:

Why no ram?

1 minute ago, Mr alex said:

Why no ram?

he has RAM, i was assembling a parts list for all new parts too because for that budget you can get pretty good stuff but then i was told he already had the 6700K and some more stuff so i changed it, he had RAM so no need to get that

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

he has RAM, i was assembling a parts list for all new parts too because for that budget you can get pretty good stuff but then i was told he already had the 6700K and some more stuff so i changed it, he had RAM so no need to get that

Ohh I must have over looked that. Sorry

+1 on the SSD. Very good for the price.

GPU - well, what can you say, it's a beast.

Motherboard - if you want to go with a motherboard, that's your only *cheap* option I suppose.

Cooler - I'd go with this one tbh, *only* 20€ more https://geizhals.de/phanteks-ph-tc14pe-weiss-a677493.html

Case - it's down to personal choice, if you like the Define R5, I'm not going to tell you not to buy it, it's a solid af case.

PSU - same as the motherboard.

Cables - nothing to say, other than they are pretty expensive.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

35 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

+1 on the SSD. Very good for the price.

GPU - well, what can you say, it's a beast.

Motherboard - if you want to go with a motherboard, that's your only *cheap* option I suppose.

Cooler - I'd go with this one tbh, *only* 20€ more https://geizhals.de/phanteks-ph-tc14pe-weiss-a677493.html

Case - it's down to personal choice, if you like the Define R5, I'm not going to tell you not to buy it, it's a solid af case.

PSU - same as the motherboard.

Cables - nothing to say, other than they are pretty expensive.

You mean the UV400 SSD?
GPU - yea, and the only other white card has no backplate, eventhough I will order a custom kfa2 backplate in white and not using the titanium one from here.
Motherboard - other ideas are the AsRock Z270 Extreme 4 and Z270 Taichi, but I like the pcb of the MSI.
Cooler - I know it is a beast of a cooler and great at OC but often called extremly loud and more silver then white? But I will have a look into it, it would also fit very well in the enthoo luxe I believe and the silver/white pcb of the motherboard.
Case - Yea, I like it, other options are a nanoxia deep silence in white or an enthoo luxe in white
PSU - I am actually thinking of using my "old" (4 months) Straight Power 10 600W CM since it is under a PSU Cover and buy cablemods from cablemod, only 39,90 if they ever will be in stock again

as it seems it will be a silver/white build in the end. Motherboard, CPU Cooler, graphics card, yea, I like it.

But how shall the ram fit under that cooler? It is sooo huge!

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI H270 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (Purchased For €0.00)
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€139.01 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 8GB HOF Video Card
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe ATX Full Tower Case  (€166.93 @ Mindfactory)
Power Supply: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 600W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For €0.00)
Total: €305.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-25 13:45 CET+0100

cablemod: https://eustore.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-b-series-sp-cable-kit/

So it would look like this at the moment?

3 minutes ago, Gnomo said:

You mean the UV400 SSD?
GPU - yea, and the only other white card has no backplate, eventhough I will order a custom kfa2 backplate in white and not using the titanium one from here.
Motherboard - other ideas are the AsRock Z270 Extreme 4 and Z270 Taichi, but I like the pcb of the MSI.
Cooler - I know it is a beast of a cooler and great at OC but often called extremly loud and more silver then white? But I will have a look into it, it would also fit very well in the enthoo luxe I believe and the silver/white pcb of the motherboard.
Case - Yea, I like it, other options are a nanoxia deep silence in white or an enthoo luxe in white
PSU - I am actually thinking of using my "old" (4 months) Straight Power 10 600W CM since it is under a PSU Cover and buy cablemods from cablemod, only 39,90 if they ever will be in stock again

as it seems it will be a silver/white build in the end. Motherboard, CPU Cooler, graphics card, yea, I like it.

But how shall the ram fit under that cooler? It is sooo huge!

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI H270 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€139.01 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 8GB HOF Video Card
Power Supply: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 600W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For €0.00)
Total: €305.94
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-25 13:45 CET+0100

cablemod: https://eustore.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-b-series-sp-cable-kit/

So it would look like this at the moment?

I was talking about the OCZ Trion 150 ;)

Stick with the MSI motherboard. An all white motherboard will look much better.

I don't think the cooler is loud... And yes, it might be a little bit more on the silver side due to the thin stacks... And don't worry with RAM clearance, it will be fine with the RAM sticks you already have, and you can move the fans if needed.

If you have that PSU already, then keep it and get some extensions.

The parts list looks good, but please, PLEASE, (I know, maybe the Z270 isn't available in PCPP) don't go with a K CPU + H270 motherboard.

6 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I was talking about the OCZ Trion 150 ;)

Stick with the MSI motherboard. An all white motherboard will look much better.

I don't think the cooler is loud... And yes, it might be a little bit more on the silver side due to the thin stacks... And don't worry with RAM clearance, it will be fine with the RAM sticks you already have, and you can move the fans if needed.

If you have that PSU already, then keep it and get some extensions.

The parts list looks good, but please, PLEASE, (I know, maybe the Z270 isn't available in PCPP) don't go with a K CPU + H270 motherboard.

As of now my build ist the following:

• CPU
    i7-6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170-A
  • RAM
    2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 2400MHz
  • GPU
    KFA² GTX 770 2GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (black)
  • Storage
    250GB Samsung 850 Evo, 2TB WD Caviar Green
  • PSU
    Straight Power 10 be quiet 600W
  • Cooling
    Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G19
  • Mouse
    perixx MX-1000
  • Operating System
    Windows 7 Pro, Windows 10 Edu, Ubuntu 14.04

Seems I can use more parts then I thought. Which is nice. The 6700K, the RAM and the PSU.
Yes, I actually thought it would be the Z270. I am surely going for a Z chipset.

1 minute ago, Gnomo said:

As of now my build ist the following:

• CPU
    i7-6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z170-A
  • RAM
    2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 2400MHz
  • GPU
    KFA² GTX 770 2GB
  • Case
    Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (black)
  • Storage
    250GB Samsung 850 Evo, 2TB WD Caviar Green
  • PSU
    Straight Power 10 be quiet 600W
  • Cooling
    Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G19
  • Mouse
    perixx MX-1000
  • Operating System
    Windows 7 Pro, Windows 10 Edu, Ubuntu 14.04

Seems I can use more parts then I thought. Which is nice. The 6700K, the RAM and the PSU.
Yes, I actually thought it would be the Z270. I am surely going for a Z chipset.

I'd sell the 770, the black case and the cooler, after you have enough new parts to have the computer running.

Also, keep the drives.

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'd sell the 770, the black case and the cooler, after you have enough new parts to have the computer running.

Also, keep the drives.

I am thinking of buying a white Enthoo Luxe and mod the parts (take black case and all inside parts in white from the second luxe case). This would include mainboardtray, psu cover, only the expansion slots would be an issue because they are black in both builds and only the primo has white ones?! (Phanteks, why?! since you have them, include them in the white Enthoo Luxe?!)

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  (€79.90)
Video Card: GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 8GB HOF Video Card  (€510.00)
Other: Z270 Tomahawk Arctic (€167.00)
Other: Backplate for GPU (€40.00)
Other: cablemod b series white (€39.90)
Other: Phanteks Led Adapter (€3.90)
Total: €1007.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-25 21:02 CET+0100

6 minutes ago, Gnomo said:

I am thinking of buying a white Enthoo Luxe and mod the parts (take black case and all inside parts in white from the second luxe case). This would include mainboardtray, psu cover, only the expansion slots would be an issue because they are black in both builds and only the primo has white ones?! (Phanteks, why?! since you have them, include them in the white Enthoo Luxe?!)

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  (€79.90)
Video Card: GALAX GeForce GTX 1070 8GB HOF Video Card  (€510.00)
Other: Z270 Tomahawk Arctic (€167.00)
Other: Backplate for GPU (€40.00)
Other: cablemod b series white (€39.90)
Other: Phanteks Led Adapter (€3.90)
Total: €1007.63
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-25 21:02 CET+0100

If you want to try that, go ahead.