AT&T Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 Update

AlanAlan

I heard that Samsung will be pushing the android 7.0 update to the AT&T S7. I read some articles and it says that it will lower the resolution. Do you think that will help with battery life? Will android nougat improve the battery life on the S7. Do i have to backup my data or it will update without deleting any data like their other updates?

Seems shady if true. Been running Android 7 for awhile (on 7.1.1). Samsung is slooooooooow. 

22 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Seems shady if true. Been running Android 7 for awhile (on 7.1.1). Samsung is slooooooooow. 

Shady? In what way?

And I thought I heard they are adding an option to lower/higher resolution and it'll help with battery life but probably not by a ton. Nougat may or may not improve battery life. And it won't delete any data

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

43 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Shady? In what way?

And I thought I heard they are adding an option to lower/higher resolution and it'll help with battery life but probably not by a ton. Nougat may or may not improve battery life. And it won't delete any data

So when the update comes to my phone I can 

Press update without worrying about any data loss?

2 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Shady? In what way?

I thibk I misread it at first thinking it will lower screeb res with no option to switch, idk. 

6 hours ago, Mooshi said:

I thibk I misread it at first thinking it will lower screeb res with no option to switch, idk. 

If they're smart, it will do what the Z5 Premium does, switching between resolution modes depending on what's best for what you're doing.

Edit: Unfortunately it does not do it automatically. However you can manually switch between 720p, 1080p, and 1440p. Honestly, as long as scaling works properly, 720p on a 5.1" screen still isn't even that bad, especially if it noticeably improves battery life and performance (which it should).

"Rawr XD"

8 hours ago, Mooshi said:

1 hour ago, Aniallation said:

If they're smart, it will do what the Z5 Premium does, switching between resolution modes depending on what's best for what you're doing.

Edit: Unfortunately it does not do it automatically. However you can manually switch between 720p, 1080p, and 1440p. Honestly, as long as scaling works properly, 720p on a 5.1" screen still isn't even that bad, especially if it noticeably improves battery life and performance (which it should).

Wait, so updating to nogut won't delete any data on my phone?

51 minutes ago, AlanAlan said:

Wait, so updating to nogut won't delete any data on my phone?

If it's an official OTA (via the software update app), no it will not.

"Rawr XD"