Linus stop Lecturing us

tezza192

OK I'm a big Linus fan and I've been watching his videos for years but I think he should remember hes where he is because of the community and he needs to stop treating us like imbeciles. 

I refer to the video he's just posted about the launch of the R9 290, he is stood there telling us off about the temperature of the card and if we don't like it turn it down, I just think he's getting a bit too bossy in his video ramblings.

Linus tone it down dude and stop treating us like kids....

Apparently you haven't been using the Internet for very long.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

how about no

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

OK I'm a big Linus fan and I've been watching his videos for years but I think he should remember hes where he is because of the community and he needs to stop treating us like imbeciles. 

I refer to the video he's just posted about the launch of the R9 290, he is stood there telling us off about the temperature of the card and if we don't like it turn it down, I just think he's getting a bit too bossy in his video ramblings.

He's not treating us like kids, man. There's just people who hate this new AMD stuff and he's just make things straight.

Imagine everyone in this thread commenting that you're not a fan of Linus....that'd annoy you right? Yep...because if people paid attention, they would have seen that you had mentioned in your post that you were in fact a fan.

Translate that to his videos...he mentions these important details, but does anyone listen? NOPE...they just start smashing away at their keyboards moaning at him for 'not mentioning' something that he clearly did.

If I was in his position, I'd be pretty fed up...so power to him and power to the sock-sandals.

Peace

Coolermaster HAF 932 | Intel i7 4770k  | Corsair H100i | 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance | PowerColor 7970 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair HX650 | Dell U2713HM , U2312HM

Samsung 840 Pro 128gb|  9tb Storage |  CMStorm Quickfire rapid (Cherry Blue) | SteelSeries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Siberia | Logitech G51| Xonar DX| Sennheiser HD518|

~Duck Duck Goose!~

Lol, just the responses I expected from a bunch of Linus fanboys, did I say I don't like the way he makes his videos? No. I do like them Im just getting tired of being told off when I do. Its constructive criticism, you can't take that on behalf of Linus then it proves my point.

Lol, just the responses I expected from a bunch of Linus fanboys, did I say I don't like the way he makes his videos? No. I do like them Im just getting tired of being told off when I do. Its constructive criticism, you can't take that on behalf of Linus then it proves my point.

I'm by no means a LTT fanboy, but holy crap your comment was absurd.

He responds to the haggling on the forums about the "unacceptable temperature and bad performance" and is then targeted for simply replying?

The sternness in his explanation in the 290 video is more than warranted.

This whole thread is stupid.

He probably does that because he knows that 70-80% of people who watch his content are either tech newbies who want to learn something new or idiots. I know what kind of people is he dealing with and as I said they are a majority, so unless he wants to get hated on the forums or those newbies to stop watching, he has to emphasize and explain things that are very obvious for us. I personally don't find the 1 minute part about how he OC's the GPU's important for me, but he had to stress it because idiots can't listen and then hate him on the forum for false benchmarks, and the other part likes to make conspiracy theories.

Just remember that people with tech talent and gift for listening comprehension are a minority.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I suppose you must have gotten quite mad at your teachers and professors as well too then.

Linus has to do that because a lot of people just aren't as smart as you to know that a GPU is fine running up to 100c which people whine and moan about the most. 

Also, this thread is making you look like a buffoon. As childish as that makes you feel, it is necessary to be in the video in the nature he explains it, and he's (understandably) probably getting annoyed with the complaints about temperature and noise. 

You can invoke @LinusTech himself into the thread, though he might read it, I doubt he'll reply to such a silly topic. 

Error: 410

Yea sometimes i do get abit irritated when he keeps repeating obvious points but its necessary because there are 1st time builders watching his channel and think about it.. it does give him more work and effort to lecture us about stuff that are small..

Well All in all..  I love Linus because of his lectures i guess :) Without his lectures it wouldn't just be him.. u knwww

Yea sometimes i do get abit irritated when he keeps repeating obvious points but its necessary because there are 1st time builders watching his channel and think about it.. it does give him more work and effort to lecture us about stuff that are small..

Well All in all..  I love Linus because of his lectures i guess :) Without his lectures it wouldn't just be him.. u knwww

Took the words right out of my mouth

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Pls stop, just stop....you're making a fool out of yourself. If you're irritated by his videos so much then just DON'T WATCH THEM!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

lol its linus he can do what he wants he defies everything: socks + sandals, has 2 cats with a motorcycle but loves computers. dont you see linus is not bossy he is a beast

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

I'm actually glad he said it, because a lot of people aren't understanding that the 290x runs at the temperature you tell it to. By default this is 95, but if you want to run cooler adjust the slider. It doesn't run at 95 because it HAS to most of the time, it runs at 95 because YOU TELL IT TO to keep fan speeds down and clocks up. I've overclocked mine to 1100 and the fan want to 49%, still 6% lower than the maximum fan speed I sent it for which means that I actually still have headroom there. 

Did you think. for a second that. well. maybe not EVERYONE who watch the videos arent coplete techgeniouses like the most of us in here ?. ithink its more widely targetted. not just for OC geeks. my 5cents tho. dont behead me

if you look at the comments of his videos,you will understand why he needs to explain everything he does.

some pepole,dont know much about tech,and they need to learn too

That was more for everyone else watching his videos not us. I mean he has like what 500k+ subsrcribers now? Do you think all of them are on these forums? All of them are is informed as you or I? Nah im sure a good sized minority couldnt tell you the difference between DDR2 and DDR3 but they watch to learn and he has to reiterate some simple concepts but some people might not know or understand.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

More explaining=more of a chance for the people to understand it=more of a chance for people to become interested in tech=more of a chance for new LTT forum members

And remember you too at a point didn't know about any of the things you know about tech today, so if you were to watch the video back then you would appreciate more explanation

:)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

tbh i'm getting fairly sick of people asking/moaning that the temps are dangerous or too high and i bet linus is as well.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016