MoCA Network

Votivee

To start out, I live in an apartment complex where all of the buildings are connected. I'm looking to use the currently not in use coaxial cable in my room to connect my desktop to my router, which is downstairs over a MoCA network. During my research on MoCA networks, I have came to the realization that I should use a POE filter. The only problem is that my apartment's point of entry is inside the wall somewhere, and then it splits off from there (also in the wall). So my question is, is there a alternative I can use to a POE filter? Or do I not even need one at all?

~Air Cooling Advocate~

I most apartment complexes, there is a single coax going to each apartment, and in each apartment there is a splitter somewhere, like the laundry room or near your breaker box. This splitter is where you would put your filter. As for whether it is needed, that is only needed if you run into issues with other people in your building also using MoCA devices and showing up as local network devices on your computer, or your router and their router conflict and both are running DHCP. Basically, install a filter if your network becomes joined with another one.

If you try to use powerline adapters instead of MoCA, then you don't need to do any such filtering, but you do have to use the units that are able to do encryption, which means all of your powerline units that have the same encryption can talk to each other, and they ignore any others that they are able to get signals from.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: